How to "touch" touch arcade?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Vetasoft, May 18, 2011.

1. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    This is a one million dollar question

We try several time to contact touch arcade by the past and we never received any concideration.

2. Promit

Promit Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    How many developers do you imagine are trying to get TouchArcade's attention? Ask yourself the question, why would someone pay attention to ME? Once you've answered that, just explain it when you're contacting TouchArcade or anyone else.

3. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    Whenever you're contacting people who have a lot of demand for their attention you want to keep your email really short and ball-grabbing. If you can reduce it down to just a few sentences with a strong message then you've probably got a much better chance at getting a reply.

The other thing you want to do is find out what time they're likely to be at their office or computer, you don't want to be 100 emails down their list when they get in to work in the morning.

4. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks Promit, but that's not really the anwser I wanted to listen. I'm not trying to be pretentious, but if you're talking about quality, try one of our games and then ask yourself why i'm asking this in this forum. Developers are numerous but we are not so many as you imagine.

5. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    thanks Beno, we have tried that too.

But you know, we really feel that developing a game is not enough, we must also develop good words to be in touch with some people... it's quite frustrating as you can see :)

6. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    The only other advice I can give is a bit harder - get someone to introduce you. A lot of the time it's really hard to get your foot in the door but a referral is an instant in.

Scour your network and see if you can find someone who can refer you.

7. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    I really don't see who is able to introduce me and our game but thanks for the answer. if you know someone, just tell me :)

8. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    Heh sorry mate, I know pretty much everyone on the *flash* side of casual gaming but mobile you're on your own!

9. Promit

Promit Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    I don't think it's enough. It's a big, big market and there's so many quality games that show up every single week. Standing out is, for better or worse, about far more than doing a good job and turning out high quality results. To be standout requires something above and beyond.

10. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    #10 Vetasoft, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    hehe it's a bit contradictory given the context, no prob Beno

11. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    If I resume, making a good game that interest players with a original gameplay is not enough ?

12. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

As of September last year there was 125000 registered iOS developers...
    If each developer averages two titles a year, that's 6-700 new titles becoming available every single day...

But how do you know that it interest players?

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    If your game thread gets large enough it'll usually get somebody's attention. It seems your games don't interest players enough.

Never played your games so I can't say if they're as good as you think they are, just making an observation. Who knows, maybe they already tried your games and didn't like them :)

14. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    Our games is quite popular in europe, rated 4,5 stars on the iTunes and we received good reviews. If you average all this, you have your answer.

15. NickFalk

If you have a product of high enough quality, the right look, and an efficient advertising campaign you should make money.
    Not sure what you mean by "In Europe" neither of your games have a single rating here in Norway for instance.

From what I can see you got one match-3 game and one whack-a-mole game(?) :confused:

They look to have some really nice presentation, but I doubt most members of these forums would be overly excited about the prospect of another title in any of the said genres.

High App Store ratings doesn’t indicate that most gamers find the games interesting. It tells you that the people who did find them interesting are enjoying them, but not that the general gaming public find the titles interesting...

16. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    In the thread i've created recently for our last game, some guys have tried the game and liked it. It's not the game of the century, we know that, but it's quite fun to play.

You know creating a thread without any spot is hard and we know that. It's a vicious circle because people don't know about the game and doesn't look forward (like you did for exemple)

17. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    We've only published these two games with Vetasoft. Here is our last production : Gaston 2 : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id431829711?mt=8&ls=1 Gaston 1 : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gaston-1-the-superball/id383870653?mt=8

That's why we've also mentioned the professional reviews.

18. NickFalk

If you make a proper effort with an upcoming thread in these forums, cater for it (update information) and don’t get a reaction then the brutal truth is that people are not interested in the game. This does not mean that the game is bad, simply that there’s nothing there that excites people.

19. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Maybe TouchArcade guys are US guys and really young and have no clue about Gaston.

I loved him as a child from the PIF magazins and I am from Hungary and I am 42.

Don't count on americans, try to reach out to Europe. In some rare cases Europe can be as big a market as the US.

20. NickFalk

If you're talking abuout André Franquin's Gaston Lagaffe, you are right. I did a blogpost about Franquin aeons ago and found that "no-one" in the English-speaking world seem to know the great (late) man...