Game video capturing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kioshi, Apr 28, 2014.

1. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi guys!
    What is the best way of recording gameplay and uploading to YouTube?

Do I have to jailbreak to do it without external programs?

What are my non-JB options btw? Is that Reflector app my best bet?

Thanks!

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hi, I'm a kind of new youtuber (been on YT form a month) from Mexico that does iOS gameplays and I think I could help.
    Reflector app is good if you don't have JB but you'll need a good PC and decent Internet speed if you want a good quality recording, I would also recommend you to get a capture card for maximum quality if you're going to be into it really seriously.
    If you are Jailbroken I would suggest DisplayRecorder (I currently use it) to record video and capture the audio with a external mic (sometimes while holding the device you could block the internal mic).
    I hope I helped :)

3. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    What program do you use to make your ipad screen show up on the putter for recording?

Is reflector for the transfer or the recording?

Thanks!

4. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Reflector streams the iPad display and you can also enable the recording
    (I think it requires Windows 7 or higher, dunno about OSX or Linux) and it saves the video on your PC
    For Display Recorder, just connect my iPad to the PC and search in iFunbox for the Display Recorder folder with the raw recordings (with 'raw' I mean non edited) then copy them to PC.
    And sorry, Im not really familiarized with english, what do you mean with 'putter'?