Dragonvale: New Dragon combos (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jturtles, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Which three will be in the e-mail?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2011.
  1. Black

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Peace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Metal

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Speed

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Gold/Silver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Snow Flower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Eco

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Airplane pic

Heres the airplane dragon which is urban+air
    Again if you cant see it or if its blurry ill tell you what it looks like
    I took and willow dragon and removed all the leaves and stuff
    I replaced the head with a more aerodynamic/round head
    There are turbines on the head
    Sleek streamline wings and fins on the tail

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Attached Files:

2. Jturtles

Jturtles Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Not bad drawings I must say. For your first idea, it was pretty good. I like the way you're thinking! Keep up the great ideas!

3. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    New ideas for new ideas (if that makes any sense):

The game is always making dragons that are light green or bright yellow. I think the game needs to dip down into darker colors. If you think of some darker colored dragons that could work out well in the game, post it and we'll see if we can work off of that! Have fun!

4. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks Jturtles for the awesome comments I will definetly keep drawing
    Also totally agree about the yellow/green dragons but come on magnetic was pretty fresh

5. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    You're really good at drawing! Keep it comin'. :)

6. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    I do like the magnetic dragon a lot! You've got a valid point. I'm just saying that we should start coming up with ideas for dragons with darker colors... before they make a pink dragon. :)

7. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Why you hatin on love dragon
    But yea totally I'll keep drawing and try to keep some a little darker THNX!!!!!!

8. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    To krazykid137:
    I really like the idea and your drawings are great. I was wondering if you thought about where the dragons came from. When I read your idea my imagination ran with it and I started to think of those dragons being created by some crazy wizard as some sort of experiment. Similar to how golems are made. Wouldn't it be funny if their habitat was a wizards lab. Lol.

To Jturtles:
    I've been thinking about the use of dark colors and the only thing that came to mind is to create a "shadow/darkness" dragon (I was thinking "night" dragon, but we already have the Moon dragon). The primary colors for it could be a deep purple and black. The problem I had afterwards was the combinations and what the habitat could look like. The only hybrids I came up with that I like are Shadow+Fire=Torch/Lantern, and Shadow+Plant=Mushroom. The others ideas seem forced. I'll try to come up with drawings when I have time.

9. krazykid137

krazykid137 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    #309 krazykid137, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks thats a good idea for the habitat
    I was thinking it was going to be a cityscape and the dragons would like camouflage into it that's why humans don't know they are there
    But the scientists lab is a good idea maybe there could be a dragon that was a mistake but the scientist had engineered it to be camouflaged so it would blend into any habitat u put it in
    Good ideas!!!

10. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the ideas. Once again, I already have some pictures of a dark dragon. The thing is, when you have a dragon like a black/dark dragon, you have to make an opposite. I was thinking of ideas.
    Maybe a deep sea dragon that's a hybrid. We won't really need to come up with hybrids for it because it already is one, and we don't need to come up with an opposite.:) It could be dark purple, dark blue, and dark green. It could have scales and the colors are always alternating.

11. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    #311 BladeX, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    i found out something! backflip studios is releasing a new dragon next week! here is a link http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Updates go to the bottom(not comments) in the pictures u can see it the post by backfilps studios. and the invisable dragon was a april fools prank. what do you think the dragon is?

12. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Are you talking about the Easter/Spring holiday dragon?

13. tyger1686

tyger1686 Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I see what you mean about making an opposite to dark element, but I believe a Mushroom dragon could still work. Even though the Moss dragon has a few mushrooms on its back, you can drastically change the appearance to remove any similarities between the two. Using dark purple and dark blue instead of green as well as having it walk on two legs can keep the Mushroom dragon from looking like the Moss dragon.

Also the following is a list of hybrid dragons that I thought of using the Sun and Moon dragons:

Sun+Plant=Safari* _______Moon+Plant=Bamboo
    Sun+Earth=Desert _______Moon+Earth=Crater
    Sun+Fire=Flare _________Moon+Fire=Meteor*
    Sun+Water=Cloud _______Moon+Water=Tidal
    Sun+Cold=Glass* ________Moon+Cold=Mirror*
    Sun+Lightning=Laser* ____Moon+Lightning=Neon*
    Sun+Air=Mirage _________Moon+Air=Vapor
    Sun+Metal=Gold _________Moon+Metal=Silver
    *Hybrid concepts that probably need more work.

The hybrids can be created using other combinations but I just see untapped potential in the Sun and Moon dragons.

14. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    A lot of very good ideas! I like the neon and laser (not so much laser) , and I also like the gold/silver! Those aren't the only ones I like, but I'm not just going to list every single one that I do or don't like. You can maybe draw some of your ideas if you want to, or keep thinking if more! Good job so far and thanks for the great ideas!

15. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    #315 BladeX, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    it did say next week and last time i checked, its not next week. i think its more of a new dragon like the cactus and lichen. P.S. i can't get the bloom dragon *sobs unconrtollably*
    P.P.S i really like the meteor dragon idea so i drew it :D so... METEOR!!dragon cant upload pic:( *sobs uncontrolably, again*

16. LoDog2

LoDog2 Member

Apr 4, 2012
    PA
    So from reading all of the ideas about a new dragon i decided to create my own from some of the ideas. So i do not know if it would be a new type, or a special, or a hybrid, but I thought a good name for it would be Space or Star Dragon. :) hope it looks good. And I also got my modeling from the lightning dragon.

Attached Files:

17. Jturtles

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Wow! Very nice drawing! I would think that it would be a special, because I don't think that it would be it's own type. Thanks for the great idea! If you have any more, remember that this is the place to share 'em!

18. LoDog2

LoDog2 Member

Apr 4, 2012
    PA
    ty :)

and I was bored so started searching through this thread and found some ideas and wanted to make a list of some combos for a "Dark" and a "Light" dragon.

Dark Dragon Light Dragon
    Plant= Vine Plant= Twig
    Earth= Crater Earth= Diamond
    Fire= Flare Fire= Flame
    Cold= Hail Cold= Frost
    Lightning= Thunder Lightning= Sunshine
    Water= Riptide Water= Shallow
    Air= Twister Air= Breeze
    Metal= Explosion/Copper Metal= Steel

(I know alot of the names for these dragons are kind of stupid but some I really like while others were the best I could think of)

19. BladeX

BladeX Active Member

Feb 12, 2012
    #319 BladeX, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    darkness

i drew the vine dragon and large dark habitat. i wrote black because it would take to much ink to completly cover it also i dont want to be desperate for suscribers in youtube but heres a link to my youtube video of my aquarium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVurvQx2Bo&context=C4e2c3edADvjVQa1PpcFOx33O5DD0iqlIxu3hONyIxu2nQd-S04d8=
    also i got my meteor dragon pic. :D also here is my vision of the black and white dragon i think dragonvale needs a humanoid dragon. ps LoDog2 i like ur ideas

Attached Files:

20. LoDog2

LoDog2 Member

Apr 4, 2012
    PA
    Thanx :). I really like what you have drawn too, they all look good. I'm really liking the Meteor Dragon btw haha. And if they wouldn't want to do a black/dark and white/light dragon I could see like space themed dragons I mean there is already sun and moon and with your Meteor dragon too and the white and black dragon you drew could be considered "Space-ish". I'll try to keep thinking of more ideas :)