Top Grossing revenue

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by JForce Games, May 18, 2013.

1. JForce Games

JForce Games New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    I'm trying to get a general idea of what revenue to expect at each position in the top grossing list for iPhone.

I've found 2D Boy's post from 2011 which covers iPad top grossing, and this post also from 2011 which seems to be talking about iPhone top paid, although I'm not sure how he could give accurate predictions since it's based on units sold rather than revenue...

I've also found this article which says "an app holding a rank between No. 5 and No. 15 on the top grossing app chart in Q1 2012 was earning as much as $80,000 per day."

Does anybody else have any data to share?

2. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    80k a day? :)

Get real mate, Supercell is doing 2,4 million a day with two games.

3. IVMotion

IVMotion Member

May 7, 2012
    Creative Director | IV Motion
    Brisbane
    Hey,

Thanks so much for that information. I found this survey from 2011 that does it's best to show a projected curve in terms of income. Revenue Survey Link

I'm really interested in the "middle class" of the iOS store. Where you make a enough money to make original great games and get to practise the art of create amazing games that connect with the iOS user base.

Thanks again, hit me up if you find more info.