★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-28-2014, 01:20 AM
#21
Anybody care to share the actual size of install? It says 318... What's the actual? Thanks!
11-28-2014, 02:37 AM
#22
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,203
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbourgon View Post
Anybody care to share the actual size of install? It says 318... What's the actual? Thanks!
iPad Air 2: 369 MB

iPad Pro 2 | iPad Pro 10,5 | iPhone X

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

11-28-2014, 02:38 AM
#23
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 130
Also, is this a virtual board game or is it a RPG that just looks like one?
11-28-2014, 02:43 AM
#24
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 915
Was fun but I had to uninstall already. Waaaay too buggy. Game will ask you to do something yet it is impossible to execute, example: choose in which region to place "blah". Clicked every inch of the map and still cannot place what they are asking me to.

Earlier, games said I had 2 actions I could still complete, however, regardless of the action I selected, I was unable to do anything.

Very disappointed in this game. Fix the bugs and it will be golden
11-28-2014, 04:34 AM
#25
Game Impressions


Note:

Despite the Bugs & Glitches in the Game I did upgrade my first rating of 1/5 to 3/5 since a 4/5 or even an 5/5 does require at least in my eyes more then adding some Videos to teach you a Game while being most of the time still bugfree and therefore 3/5 seem to repesent the current qualty of the Game and it`s Content & Features more accurate then my old Rating of 1/5.

I would like to point out that I hate, and I mean I "really hate with such a passion" that it`s almost not normal anymore when Developer/Publisher are just too lazy to add InGame Tutorials to their Games and instead use over different plattforms the same Videos to teach you their Gameplay Core Mechanics.

It just put me so out of the hole Game that I usually ask Apple for a refund if I see something like that in a Game because there is absolute no reason besides being an lazy ass if a Game is working on any Device but the Developer is still at the same time just too lazy to create an InGame Tutorial that does take me through a Game Step by Step instead of demanding from me to watch a 30. Minutes Video that does try to explain to me what the Game is about.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-28-2014 at 04:47 AM.
11-28-2014, 05:03 AM
#26
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 5
I'm actually quite impressed! I've never played any witcher games and despite a sound bug that causes the game to lag really badly and a recently noticed quest glitch it's pretty awesome! It wasn't too hard to understand either,only took 2-3 games before I was winning with 30-60 vp's
11-28-2014, 06:09 AM
#27
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Belgium
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Note:

Despite the Bugs & Glitches in the Game I did upgrade my first rating of 1/5 to 3/5 since a 4/5 or even an 5/5 does require at least in my eyes more then adding some Videos to teach you a Game while being most of the time still bugfree and therefore 3/5 seem to repesent the current qualty of the Game and it`s Content & Features more accurate then my old Rating of 1/5.

I would like to point out that I hate, and I mean I "really hate with such a passion" that it`s almost not normal anymore when Developer/Publisher are just too lazy to add InGame Tutorials to their Games and instead use over different plattforms the same Videos to teach you their Gameplay Core Mechanics.

It just put me so out of the hole Game that I usually ask Apple for a refund if I see something like that in a Game because there is absolute no reason besides being an lazy ass if a Game is working on any Device but the Developer is still at the same time just too lazy to create an InGame Tutorial that does take me through a Game Step by Step instead of demanding from me to watch a 30. Minutes Video that does try to explain to me what the Game is about.
You give me good reasons to hold off untill the game is patched. Pity, was ready to buy, but thanks anyway.
11-28-2014, 06:18 AM
#28
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath, the game won't work on such a small cscreen. You would need a microscope to read all the writing and info that's presented on screen.
Yeah but look at card board games like Talisman or even the card battler called Yomi or better yet The Banner Saga. Also, I read that a Mac release is possible, but nothing on the App Store so far.
11-28-2014, 06:38 AM
#29
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Konstanz
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmathew View Post
Yeah but look at card board games like Talisman or even the card battler called Yomi or better yet The Banner Saga. Also, I read that a Mac release is possible, but nothing on the App Store so far.
You can buy for Mac on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/game/witcher_adventure_game
11-28-2014, 06:43 AM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEKRIPTIK View Post
I'm actually quite impressed! I've never played any witcher games and despite a sound bug that causes the game to lag really badly and a recently noticed quest glitch it's pretty awesome! It wasn't too hard to understand either,only took 2-3 games before I was winning with 30-60 vp's
It`s always very hard for me to judge a Game fair when the Bugs in it are so clear that someone would have to be blind or have so much luck to don`t encounter them in their first gaming Hour that some Publisher are pretty pissed at me for pointing at those while others are completely ignoring them while they are even viewable in their Online Previews/Reviews which makes the hole thing sometimes even more odd.

A Rating should reflect the Game in it`s current form and not some Fanboy Geekiness or some promises from a Developer/Publisher what the Game might become in a couple of months.

If I put a Rating for a Game out I should be able to look back at it in a couple of months and still don`t feel that I was too harsh with it or just did rate it worse/better because I didn`t/did like the Developer/Publisher back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
You give me good reasons to hold off untill the game is patched. Pity, was ready to buy, but thanks anyway.
Waiting with buying a Game till the first week has passed never was a bad idea since by then most Developer/Publisher have gone from Everything is fine with the Game Marketing Bullshit to We are now acknowledging that something not right here and will update the Game as soon as we can.

Overall while it might sound harsh I would go as far to say that if you are still working hard to earn your money or if it`s limited since you are only getting a smaller among each week to spent I would generally stay away from buying any Game on Launch Day doesn`t matter if it`s iOS, Android,...

I know it`s hard when everyone around you is playing a Game already on Launch Day but trust me that I would often wish that I could turn back the time and don`t play a Game on Launch Day and instead save my Money and play it like a Week/Month/Year or whenever a Game has gone from being just a Mess to actual Playable.