Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha I had no idea what the joke was, I just didn't want you to feel lonely (;

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Hope the price drop gets you guys the sales you deserve.
    I don't feel shafted, personally.
    Had you have gone free...I'd be a little pissed.
    But this is reasonable, and I wish you the best.

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I guess more levels are cool but I can't beat like any of the levels on the last stage, so please make it a bit easier.

Also single stage endless FTW ;)

4. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The screen shots, and even the video, didn't hook me. I think the toast theme made me think it was a bit too juvenile. While I still don't love the toast theme, I was wrong to doubt all the great reviews. I'm very glad that I picked up this fun game. It definitely keeps me going back for more.

5. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Uhm... I do not see why you would consider this juvenile...

6. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    I picked this up yesterday, because I managed to get my grubby hands on a $10 iTunes gift card. So far, this game has blown me away, both with the pure addictiveness of the game, and it's originality. I keep coming back to this game when I find myself "bored" and that feeling floats away. Highly polished casual game. :D

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #187 Intendro, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    I don't think "casual" usually refers to really tough games like this one. But I don't really refer to games as casual or not, so I don't know, whatever.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn't call this a causal game. Personally I consider Angry Birds, Candy Crush causal. Stuff that any person could pick up, enjoy, and excel at.

Toast Time is fast paced, requiring precision and skill, is twitchy and challenging, and probably more appealing to fans of twitchy arcade action games

9. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    Oh yeah... Derp. :)

10. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    But then again, it is not a hardcore game... softcore? I dunno...

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How did sales of this go when it was on sale? Hopefully very well

12. Double

Double Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Curious about this also. Great game!

13. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

#193 forceofhabit, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    One of the days in the sales week was ~3.4x normal sales, which given the discount, made a bit more money than usual. This could have been by coincidence because of the almost global feature slot (everywhere but the US), but it's impossible to measure the impact of the sale because of this. That one day though, was the most profitable day we've had, on both platforms.

The graph below shows sales/revenue of iOS, without giving exact figures. The scales don't quite match up but you can see the general idea.

EDIT: Sorry the new level pack is taking a while, things are a bit hectic over here at the moment. Nick has had to move house, and we've had to move our studio space too. Hopefully there'll be no more hiccups and productivity will resume soon. :)

Attached Files:

14. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I bought this game about a month ago… Gave it 5 mins worth of play and forgot about it.

Over the weekend, on a whim, I decided to play it for real. I have to say on second playing this game is an absolute gem - it has humour, it has an original control system that was designed for touch that actually works very well. And the levels are in a bite sized format.

Once you get used to the toaster bouncing around and the power-up system, coupled with the control system, you can fly through the levels.

This game deserves more success because it's very quirky and original and compared to a lot of crap on the App Store this just blows all those games out of the water. In a way it's a pity that people just by-passed this game because of the price originally. This is one of the best games I have played from the App Store. Well done, devs!

15. forceofhabit

Thank you so much. It's been a while since we've had a new review, and this was very nice to hear. :)

We'll be submitting an update to Apple quite likely this week. It'll include 9 new levels (and therefore 9 bits of music too). The new levels each try to do something new using the existing mechanics, so we hope you'll enjoy it! I'll be posting here as soon as it's ready. :D

16. Bought the game on release and love the art style and music works really well :)

17. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Just noticed that this is coming to Steam, cannot wait to try it out. Absolutely loved it on iOS so I'm glad it's getting a chance to widen the audience. Good luck with the game if you still check this!

18. forceofhabit

PeteOzzy! We're subscribed to this thread (and haven't forgotten about you). :) If all goes well the 9 extra levels featured in the Steam release also will be coming to iOS (and Android) on the same day.

Huzzah!

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Fantastic news, congrats!

It's priced perfectly in the impulse buy boundaries so I can see it doing really well. Definitely one of my favourite releases of the year so seeing it on a big screen with those glorious visuals will be fantastic. So grateful that it'll run on my poor old laptop too lol. Might brave the terrifying world of Steam reviews for this one, I want everyone to experience it!

20. forceofhabit

Yay. :) Here's hoping your poor old laptop has support for OpenGL 3.1... Upgrade your drivers right this instant! ^^

We're actually pricing it a bit higher on PC because of the whole (and quite sad) factor of "nobody will buy your game unless it's in a sale" on Steam. That and we possibly undervalued it for the initial release on mobile. There's only so much people will pay for a game on different platforms... Value is weirdly relative.