What makes real racing so great?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Will090, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I've been considering getting real racing for a while now, but haven't convinced myself it will be worth it until they add full online multiplayer. But almost everybody who plays it thinks it is great, what is so special about it? Then again, I could just keep playing Enviro-Bear for a better driving experience.

2. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    It is incredible because it is a VERY realistic racing simulator, that has a impressive AI that is certainly not afraid to trade paint, and it also has very good graphics with a whole lot of play time. It is really hard to say what is so great about this game, just don't hesitate to buy and see what we mean.

3. conman_16

conman_16 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Roseville, CA, USA
    The AI/computer is great. The other cars u race against actually drive like people, not just drivin the EXACT same line everytime. They react and pass and bump and such, something I have not found in any other iPhone racer so far. In all the others I have played (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE NFS) on an iPhone the other cars just drive the exact same line veryrace as if u are nt even there

4. Will090

About how long does the single player last?

5. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    A while. There are four classes with two cups each. Three difficulty levels and the last is brutally difficult. I haven't even done online stuff yet. But get it it's a fantastic game

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    What makes it great?

- over 48 cars (I think)
    - over 5 control methods for the car
    - tons of options to play the game the way you want
    - graphics are absolutely amazing
    - campaign mode lasts atleast 3 weeks if you're played 10 minute periods
    - online league competition: compete against other players for CR
    - upload replays to Youtube
    - driving is very realistic

7. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Because most people enjoy sim racers over arcade racers....

8. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    mainly everything theone has said
    and @ pug4death i must be one of the few who prefers arcade racers here do you prefer arcade or sim?
    also one thing i wish theyd add in a update are some line races. or if they went all the way and added arcade style mode with upgrades(yeah probably wont ever happen but a guy hope i guess, just a thought on that: NFSU would be obsolete... )

9. Jerson420

Jerson420 Active Member

Jul 2, 2009
    didnt they juss put multiplayer on it

10. Will090

I've really enjoyed both kind I've had lots of fun with games like gran turismo as well as a need for speed. And I thought they just added multiplayer with people on the same wifi. I'm probably gonna get real racing now

11. stevetamis

stevetamis New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    What makes real racing so great?

Real racing is an awesome looking race game for the iPhone the graphics look just as amazing as the graphics of the PSP. I loved it very much.

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    True, it's probably the only game on the AppStore that rivals PSP-quality games.

13. Parrappa

Parrappa Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm still not convinced on this. A price drop, if even for a day, would attract many new customers.

14. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I just purchased this and for me what makes this game so great right off the bat is the controls. I'm normally not a fan of tilt/waggle but steering with tilt and touch for gas and brake works perfectly.

I had been going back and forth with buying it because I'm not normally a huge racing fan (I don't buy every version of PGR or Forza etc..) but this reminds me of playing Mario Kart on the Wii. Different type of game but it has that fun factor and great controls.

15. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Trust me get it. It's the best game on the iPhone. I was afraid of the price tag too but it was well worth it. Trust me.

16. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Trust me get it. It's the best game on the iPhone. I was afraid of the price tag too but it was well worth it. Trust me.

Firemint will probably never drop the price anyway.

17. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    The graphics and controls are what really sets it apart.

18. Will090

I picked it up a few days ago, it is very good. However I can't beat division C haha

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    it costs 10 bucks. how can it not be great? :cool:

20. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    its plain AWESOME!!!!
    XD:D