Universal All Glory to the Pixel King! - (by Steve O`Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. ShaggyPKA

ShaggyPKA Active Member

May 16, 2013
    Hi Steve, just wanted to check back in and compliment you on how much work you're putting into this game. I bought 5000 gold in your game to keep supporting your work. I have never bought any form of videogame currency before, but I'm really loving your creativity, effort, and the fact that you're a one man team. Games like this need way more exposure than most of the stuff flooding the app store these days. Thanks again.

2. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Ah thank you! It's very much appreciated!

The next update is ready to go. Just got to hit the switch once it becomes appropriately December. It should be the last batch of new units for a while, as I'm working now to add something different for a change in the new year. Look out for a few new tabs over the next few months!

3. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    As promised, a look at the major update coming in January 2014!

[​IMG]

4. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Hope everyone is enjoying the new mounts in update 1.10!

Sorry to bump a slightly cold thread, but I've been made aware of a crashing on startup bug affecting a very small group of users. Can anybody experiencing this issue please get in contact, as so far I haven't been able to recreate it over here.

Thanks!

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Wanted to copy the post you made on the sales/deals forum over to this thread since others probably won't notice and it's more appropriate here. Didn't mean any harm towards you or the game in pointing out the thread was posted in the wrong place. I've had this game for a while and it's good stuff. I don't buy stuff through IAP, but I hope the experiment in going free with IAP works out for you.

6. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Thanks nightc1! I suppose you have a point and the whole belonging in the free announcements thread is a bit of a grey area regarding whether this counts as a price drop or not. Ah well, that thread shouldn't be around for too long anyway once it gets swallowed up by another days worth of pricedrops!

I generally don't buy stuff through IAP myself, so this is a bit of a bold experiment on my part! I'm just curious to see how it goes. I'm a little wary of the fact that there are some people out there who maybe insta-avoid anything free on the assumption that they're all joyless timer-payment loops. (Can't blame them really!)

7. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Sorry to bump the thread, but I have an important alert:

Pixel King's backend provider StackMob is shutting down on May 11th. I'm hoping to switch to a new provider by then, but there is a risk of delays and downtime, as this has coincided with me being out of the country for three weeks.

I will keep everyone posted as things develop.

8. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Won a difficult march last night on the random matchup setting... It said I won 2000 and 1000 gold (for the win and for the underdog)....m

When I went to check this morning, I did not have the gold.

What happened? Did I not save or something? The game stayed open all night and did not drop from my castle...

9. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Sorry to hear about this brothamannp11911. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of why this happened.

10. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Pixel King turns 1 year old this week! To celebrate, you can unlock all units for free for the whole week!

[​IMG]

Extra thanks to everyone in this forum who has gotten behind this game!

11. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Just a quick announcement about the future of Pixel King:

Pixel King started off a a small hobby project, but it quickly found an awesome and dedicated little audience. However, given its humble beginnings, it was never written with longevity in mind, and as such it's creaky old engine is starting to run into issues on newer devices, in addition to some severe game breaking crashing issues.

As such, I've made the decision today to rewrite Pixel King from the ground up!

This is a big project, and I can't make any promises about timeframes. I have to put my day job first, so don't expect it any results for a good while.

However, I'm putting it out here early just so everyone playing knows that I've not forgotten about them, especially those struggling with crashing issues.

Also feel free to share any ideas for improvements that you'd like to see in this rebuild!