iPhone Recce: 3D city tech - Games coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by F19_Haddock, Jul 14, 2012.

1. F19_Haddock

F19_Haddock Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Hi all,

My name is Dan and I'm one of the founders of Midoki, a small studio from the UK, founded last year by ex-Sony devs.

We've been busy working on some cool stuff and we hope you guys will find it as exciting as we do!

Our first app, Recce, was released yesterday, and it's a collaboration with eeGeo. We have spent the last few months working closely together to develop a 3D city builder tech that allows us to generate living and breathing cities from real data, with a colourful and charming look that is simply ideal for games.

And that's what we are doing next! We are already busy with our first game using this tech. Can you imagine the possibilities? We are super excited!

We'll be showing you guys our first game very soon, but for the time being, if you want to have a look at the tech, just try Recce - London. It's free and available now on the appStore :)

[​IMG]

Oh, and feel free to visit our website for more news and stuff:
    www.midoki.com

We hope you like it! :)

2. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    er...so....i thoughts this was a game :|...this box is "upcoming ipad game" right?

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    No muddled textures or low polygon/over simplified structures on a map of this scale. Looks brilliant and really easy on the eye! I will be looking forward to more news about the game you are working on.

4. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Some one knock down the shard, it's a blot on the city scape of London and completely counter intuitive to the cities architechture. It takes away people's appreciation for the London clock tower and blots everything good about our city.

Now about the app, it looks like it could be used for amasing things ;)

5. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    Omg this app is amazing, it's got crisp graphics and is an actually detailed representation of london, seriously everyone should download it, if you do another city I think perhapse new York or something

6. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Our second city is well under way and more will be coming out after.
    Glad you guys like it! :)

7. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    #7 robiow, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    Wow, excellent work, crips, clear, attention to detail and professional presentation.

I doff my cap to your sir.

Your maps with gps functionality would be short of amazing. I'm eager to see where this is heading

Day and night cycles would be great to show off the shadows on the high rise buildings

Anyway, kudos again, do an isle of wight version!

8. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Thank you!

Recce already has GPS functionality when you are in the map area. It's designed to show cool stuff around you (venues, events, places...) and if you tap on a place it can plot a route from your current location.

Now, just imagine similar stuff on a game... ;)

9. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

This is wonderful!

Really great job and super fast frame rate with all that detail.

I'd have 50 game ideas based on the power of this! (my rates are just 5% :p)

10. F19_Haddock

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    New version of Recce submitted today! :)