Indie game the movie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by bramblett05, Jan 10, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I want to see it but is it anything like king of kong?

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Both are awesome in different ways. One is about the business of independent game development and the other is about competitive retro gaming.

3. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I feel like taking a hockey stick (the field one, mind you) and knocking it on your head. IGTM is a freaking documentary. King Kong is a feature film made by the best director of all time (but a stupid film at that I'd say).

I watched two weeks back with the humble bundle. Paid $2 just for the movie. Not bad. A but draggy, and fake (none were in real-time). But not too bad again.

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I just asked was it good no need to be a jack ass. The reason why I hated king of kong was one the one guy was a douch and 2 broke his own rule to win.

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    ....You aren't very intelligent, are you? The TC is speaking on King OF Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, a movie about competitive retro gaming, focused especially on Donkey Kong. And if you are talking about Peter Jackson as being the best director of all-time, that's your opinion, but I can name ten directors that are far and away more influential and purely better than him.

Anyways. I adore King of Kong. I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it so much, TC. If you're talking about Billy Mitchell being a douche and breaking his own rule, you were meant to dislike him for that. So the filmmakers succeeded! :cool:

Indie Game: The Movie is definitely not the same kind of movie. It's a documentary, yes, but it's much more business-oriented (as a previous poster stated), and ultimately it isn't nearly as entertaining as King of Kong. It is a very interesting documentary, though. I definitely learned of the hardships of indie game development, which I was regrettably ill-informed of previously.

So Indie Game: The Movie is interesting, but a tad boring in areas, if I'm being honest. Still worth watching, though. Check it out :cool:

6. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I don't know what you're talking about.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    That's quite apparent, given you mistook King of Kong for King Kong.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Well my bad for comparing the two. I think its on iTunes movies ill get it when I get another gift card.