Can't start Mission Europa?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Wobblecopter, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Wobblecopter

Wobblecopter New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    #1 Wobblecopter, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    EDIT: There's a bug with running the game on 3.1.3 that causes it to crash every time on start-up. Either update your iOS version, or wait and hope for a game update that makes it compatible.

After reading a lot of positive reviews and looking at the game for a while, I decided to finally purchase it, however when I try to run it, the screen goes black with the top-status-bar showing, rotates to the side and crashes.

I've re-downloaded from the App Store multiple times, without success.
    If anyone else experienced this error and know a way to fix it, that would be much appreciated to hear.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Hard reset your device(power button and home button hold for 10 secs then it should turn off) or delete some games if you have over 100(like me)

3. Wobblecopter

Wobblecopter New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Deleted half of my apps, performed a hard-reset and re-installed without luck.
    Thanks for the reply though, it's appreciated.

Anyone else got any advice?

4. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    He means reset immediately after installing, a la reboot, in that order.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Try private messaging Soul_Dragoon who is the developer and is very active on the forum. Include device specifics and iOS version. Also consider posting in the main Mission Europa forum for general advice from cohort. Mission Europa has some bugs which make is crash sporadically but I haven't heard of this at start-up and these haven't been reported as being frequent enough to impair gameplay. Soul_Dragoon is currently in the middle of working on the first update to fix crashing and that might help you also.

Like Fireball926 implied it's possible the crashing is based on overloaded memory.

Worse case scenario you can report a problem through iTunes and request refund. However, Mission Europa is a really great game so best wishes on a fix.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you know where your crash logs are kept (or just Google it), sending those to the dev would probably tell him exactly what went wrong.

7. Ashley002

Ashley002 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    i'm having the precise same problem:
    http://www.missioneuropagame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135 and so is someone else :
    http://www.missioneuropagame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117

we're both running 3.1.3 firmware on our ipod/iphones, so i think it might be compatability issues with the firmware, the game creator said that after he finishes working on arena he will start working on crashes and see if he can fix some compatability issues, sadly i have no fix to thi, but i hope this info helps

8. Ashley002

Ashley002 Member

Mar 23, 2011
  9. Wobblecopter

Wobblecopter New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Ryan ment update your iOS version, not game.
    I updated after your post here regarding other people who were having the same issues with 3.1.3 compatibility, and it worked flawlessly on 4.3.

Thanks for the heads-up, and I hope there's an update to make the game compatible with 3.1.3 if you aren't able to update. Thanks to all other replies as well, appreciated.