Best platform games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by suksmo, Jul 19, 2011.

1. suksmo

suksmo Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Hi,

I'm a developer looking at creating a new platform game for iOS. I'm looking to find out what your favourite platform games on iOS are and why? (also any criticisms of them).

I'm hoping to have a quick gameplay video of my platformer up within the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping you guys can help me go the right way and bring out something you would like to play and heck will be popular in the current overcrowded environment.

Thanks in advance

Sam

2. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Pizza Boy is my favorite platformer on the iDevice; I love the tight and responsive controls, and the fast-falling physics feel great. The graphics are really charming too!

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    League of Evil by far. Uber-tight controls. Mos is a great one two, also nails controls. Also, Meganoid is fun one with some nice hidden paths. As far as adventure platformers, soozis and the rolandos. If I must add one complaint, I would like to see something with mos, LoE type controls on a larger level design scale (most likely with checkpoints if the difficulty is maintained).