★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
#41
Actually tilt isn't too shabby. Might take a while to collect enough to upgrade.
05-22-2014, 03:31 PM
#42
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Portsmouth, England
Posts: 535
Hmmmm not liking the timers/energy not allowing me to race. It gave me enough gems to buy another driver which you can swap between but it is a long wait to get energy back again.

Vita Favourites - Walking Dead, Killzone, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy X, Helldivers, MLB 15.
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)

05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
#43
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,414
I have played this since release in Aus a few weeks back, I just finished it with 3 stars on all races.. I purchased the VIP pack and coin doubler..
On the 5th day of the daily challenges you are awarded with a F1 driver (randomly) so if you are patient you can pick them up without having to use gems.. Same for the National drivers(I think they get awarded on day 3 of the challenges.).. I started out a bit sceptical of all the IAP, but as I kept playing I enjoyed it more and more.. Definitely a fun racer!
05-23-2014, 07:01 AM
#44
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Portsmouth, England
Posts: 535
I dont mind the IAP either as I am patient I. That area - only spent £3 in 2 years on clash of clans!! I have also spent nothing on injustice.

I just wish, like injustice, the energy was a bit higher and quicker to recharge.

VIP recharges sooner - does anyone know how much quicker it becomes? May buy a couple of gems to get this. Does VIP last forever too?

Vita Favourites - Walking Dead, Killzone, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy X, Helldivers, MLB 15.
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)
05-23-2014, 07:05 AM
#45
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum0ik View Post
I dont mind the IAP either as I am patient I. That area - only spent £3 in 2 years on clash of clans!! I have also spent nothing on injustice.

I just wish, like injustice, the energy was a bit higher and quicker to recharge.

VIP recharges sooner - does anyone know how much quicker it becomes? May buy a couple of gems to get this. Does VIP last forever too?
Not sure about the recharge speed, but so far for me VIP seems permanent.
05-23-2014, 12:39 PM
#46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
I have played this since release in Aus a few weeks back, I just finished it with 3 stars on all races.. I purchased the VIP pack and coin doubler..
On the 5th day of the daily challenges you are awarded with a F1 driver (randomly) so if you are patient you can pick them up without having to use gems.. Same for the National drivers(I think they get awarded on day 3 of the challenges.).. I started out a bit sceptical of all the IAP, but as I kept playing I enjoyed it more and more.. Definitely a fun racer!

So VIP pack (anyone in particular) and the coin doubler is enough to get your through the game at a reasonable rate?
05-23-2014, 02:22 PM
#47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum0ik View Post
Hmmmm not liking the timers/energy not allowing me to race. It gave me enough gems to buy another driver which you can swap between but it is a long wait to get energy back again.
You can pratice tracks and earn a bit of xp at no energy cost while you wait, and you can play multiplayer.

If you buy two-three racers I find that I never have to wait.

I brought the cheapest pack with an extra racer for real money to support the devs, then saved up for another racer and got the offer for another racer at half price. These two with in game currency. I never have to wait, and have beaten several of the worlds.
05-23-2014, 02:57 PM
#48
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
So VIP pack (anyone in particular) and the coin doubler is enough to get your through the game at a reasonable rate?
There is only one VIP pack.. You get quicker energy recharge, extra xp each race, the Wizard driver and coins are given before each race.
The coin doubler definitely helps, though you could still fairly easily burn through the coins if your not careful with the boosts you use. I found that through the daily challenges I picked up more drivers and I have not had to stop racing, cause once a drivers energy runs out I just swap to another. Also once you have leveled up enough you can go back and race early worlds and win without the need to buy boosts before racing.
05-24-2014, 01:19 AM
#49
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Portsmouth, England
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
You can pratice tracks and earn a bit of xp at no energy cost while you wait, and you can play multiplayer.

If you buy two-three racers I find that I never have to wait.

I brought the cheapest pack with an extra racer for real money to support the devs, then saved up for another racer and got the offer for another racer at half price. These two with in game currency. I never have to wait, and have beaten several of the worlds.
That's fair enough. I was thinking about getting some gems and get on the VIP pack but the coin doubler will be better I think. I see that some of the international drivers are 5000 coins.

Just got the starter pack with the wizard. He has an extra energy point. I also used the 5000 coins I got with this to get 2 international drivers for 7500. Energy countdown seems halved with the VIP pack and you get a random coin roll before every race. Definitely worth £1.49 paid - I would recommend as the price is apparently going up tomorrow. I don't think I will have to wait for energy meters now.

Vita Favourites - Walking Dead, Killzone, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy X, Helldivers, MLB 15.
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)

Last edited by Magnum0ik; 05-24-2014 at 02:11 AM.