Heroes & Castles (Foursaken Media) - ARPG/Strategy/Defense - Coming Jan 17!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Speaking of dwarves,will we get to play as dwarves? I've always wanted to command a squad of short men with ginger beards...
    Also, will there be multiplayer?

2. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Multiplayer would be AMAZING! As would commanding dwarves :p

3. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    Heroes...Castles...and you put them together? :eek: GENIUS!!!

Seriously though, I'm extremely excited for this release as well! I had a blast testing NYZ2 and look forward for both releases. Congrats gentlemen! :)

;)

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yep, one of the heroes is actually a dwarf engineer with a large musket cannon - and there are a few different dwarf units you can build. We'll profile the 3 playable heroes soon.

And YES there is co-op! Its one of the best features :)

Haha, thanks :D

5. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Your telling me I can play as a dwarve?!?!??! *dies* I just hope this isn't freemium.

6. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I doubt it :p if it is it will be good freemium (there is such a thing) and hopefully *cough. Whoever is your media correspondent (Jamie most likely) cough.* we'll have a say in it! (the pricing system that is ;)) and here's a link for their website page on the game, has some info. http://foursakenmedia.com/?portfolio=heroes-castles Ps. I love the new mobile website, way easier than the well designed and yet difficult to use on a mobile device website. Whooah. Just had déjà vu. Sorry if the link didn't imbed :( mobile TA app might not do that.

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Definitely not freemium ;)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How long has this been in development?

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Heroes & Castles has been in development for about 1.5 months. We've spent the past few years creating our own engine (the Origin Engine), which allows us to be very flexible and fast with a lot of the initial game creation - without sacrificing quality, complexity, or content.

The awesome part is that from now on we'll be creating games that are just as awesome, content rich, and fully featured as our past games, but in a fraction of the time - which is why you'll see a few more releases by us this year :D

Now, with that being said, we would never sacrifice a games quality, polish, or content just to get a game out fast... while our dev times have dropped for sure, we still won't ever release something before its absolutely polished and up to our typical standards!

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow. 1.5 months. That's short.

If it's true you aren't sacrificing quality for the development time, more power to you!

11. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Looks great! :)

12. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Will co-op be online? Or just bluetooth?

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks! More info coming shortly.

Co-op will be 2 player, online.

14. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks!

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hello everyone... I'd like to start profiling some of the heroes, and giving a bit more info on some of the cool features of Heroes & Castles!

Heroes

In Heroes & Castles, obviously your hero is a big part of the game. Keep in mind he is NOT an unstoppable god though... In Heroes & Castles gameplay is all about a balance between your hero, your army, and your castle defenses.

On release, there will be three heroes to choose from: Knight, Paladin, and a Dwarven Engineer. Each hero has their own specialties, stats, active, and passive skills, as well as a special unit that only they can train in battle. They can also equip Runes, which you will have a chance to find after completing rounds. Runes have a wide variety of different effects and bonuses with thousands of combinations, so you can further customize your favorite hero to your playstyle!

Knight

[​IMG]

The first hero is the Knight, a ferocious champion carrying the sigil of the Ram and wearing the unmistakable Golden Armor of his homeland. The Knight is an offensive minded tank that focuses on dealing damage and taking a ton of punishment. He should be leading the vanguard into battle, using his heavy armor and high HPs to take pressure off of his army. His abilities all reinforce his primary role, such as his Taunt ability which will force all enemies to attack him, while giving him an armor bonus, his Valiant Charge ability, which will destroy all enemies in his path, or his Counter Attack passive ability, which returns a percentage of damage back to anyone that attacks him.

[​IMG]

And this is his elite unit (only summoned by knight), the Crusader, a heavy melee unit that deals incredible damage.

16. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    so far so good :)

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh, heck yes!!! Instabuy from me!! :D

18. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Same here. Been playing N.Y.Zombies2 and I love it, don't expect this to be any different.

19. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Looking very cool. I love a good combination of RPG and RTS. And add massive battles to that, and it sounds pretty engrossing.

20. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    Nice! Looks more and more similar to Warcraft, good stuff.