Jet Car Stunts hype?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fluffyguitarist, Dec 23, 2009.

1. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    Why is Jet Car Stunts so hyped? I really don't understand why. Someone should say why. and like explain, instead of being like "IT'S JUST AMAZING"

yah

2. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    it is a very well done challenging game that is very unique on the app store and is quite easy to pick up and play just for 3 minutes or so to try and lower your re-try count or lap time

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    It's simply just amazing.

4. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    lol nice haha

5. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Play the game. It's a blast to play and has a lot of replay value. Graphics are very solid, controls are just about perfect and it's a very unique game that, to me, stands out from other racing-style games.

6. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I was just thinking these same thoughts, how come every thread I go into, everyone is talking about this game.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Have you played the game? It's one of the few ipod games that I actually felt was pure fun.

8. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    sure haven't, but since every where I go, someone has to tell me about it, i'm wondering...

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    One of the few I felt was pure frustration, but then we can't all be pros at everything.

10. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
  11. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    http://toucharcade.com/2009/11/16/jet-car-stunts-an-exhilarating-ride/

It's basically a linear driving game where you need to survive jumps to reach the end of each track. The beauty of the game is trying to perfect those jumps and feel rewarded for completing each track because it's not easy. The game can be either very fun (if you are patient and willing to do lots of trial and error) or very very frustrating if you are the type of person who just wants to jump in a game with little to no learning curve and have a blast.

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hmm I dont know why but this is one of the few games that hasnt frustrated me. Its fun to do time trial and hit the side and fly across the map just to try and reduce your timing. Imposible E has frustrated me though.

dogmeat, get it. Its fantastic.

13. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    This game was most likely inspired by a free computer game called track-mania. You should download that to get a general feel for this game. As a matter of fact, I think i'm going to d/l it too because it's free :)

http://www.trackmania.com/index.php?rub=downloads

14. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah I have track mania. But track mania is 100x better as far as the tracks go, vs. the videos I've seen.

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I agree.

And, in my opinion, Jet Car Stunts is underpriced for its value. It's such a fun and inexpensive game. There really is no reason not to get it, especially if you're a fan of driving games.

16. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I believe most, if not all great apps are being underpriced to get more sales. That's why I love the app store so much :)

17. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    You should probably just throw down the whopping 1.99 and find out......

18. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

It's just great. Very unique, awesome graphics, sounds, and really cheap.

19. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    id b suprised if u haven't got the game after all these reccomondation because it is actually a great game. Until i got to the last level, i was never frustrated, and had a blast playing.

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    If you don't have this game yet, go get it. If you do, good job. One of the best driving games I've ever played. Instead of the typical beat the other racers or beat the clock gameplay, you're just trying to complete the course. But the courses given are just so much fun to drive on, it's almost like riding a roller coaster. A one car roller coaster not on rails that can fly and has a jet pack, and could possibly kill you. It's just so fun, you gotta go get it now.