Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    There's 4 Poles,Each with a unique object granting special perks.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    sure but once you are fully upgraded, what do perks matter? really only in building your own cool superstructures or whatever. still. I will go hunting for them :)

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Quick question. Is there a bug when buying your second guy or something? When I had just my one blockhead, he took maybe 30 second or so to fill his energy (when sleeping in a bed). Then I bought my second blockhead in, now 2 or 3 minutes sleeping in bed gains me only a few pixels worth of energy. At this rate it would take a half hour to fill up my energy. wtf? That cant be right? Surely I have done something wrong, or not understanding something? The game just ruined itself for me if I cant undo this..

4. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Don't worry, there's nothing wrong, when a blockhead sleeps time passes faster. If you have 2 or more blockheads and you put only one to sleep or meditate time won't go fast. Allowing you to manipulate the awake one, so in order to do it fast you need to put them all to sleep or put one to sleep and the other to meditate. By the way, a tip, when a blockhead is meditating he/she does not suffer from hunger nor loss of energy, VERY useful. And also you can gain free stuff by meditating.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Pocket Gamer has given the game a score of 9 out of 10 and a PG Gold Award:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/The+Blockheads/review.asp?c=47781

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Has anyone tried the multiplayer?
    Can I play with a friend on my existing game or do I have to start a new one?
    And if I play multiplayer on my existing game, can I go back to single player after that?
    Thks :)

7. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    This is what I would like to know too. And if you play multiplayer in your main world, can the other person take stuff back with them?

I'm guessing you can play multiplayer on an existing world (else why would it still say 2 player aswell as continue)

8. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Can someone upload a picture of an Apple Tree? I've been around the world and not found a single apple

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #309 oooooomonkey, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Nvm,

10. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    The color changes with the season so it may not always look like this.

[​IMG]

11. metalsquid

metalsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Both. Higher quality tools will do the job faster and last longer. I had made 3-4 flint pickaxes when I made my first stone one. I'd use the flint on normal rock and the stone one for ore as it was quicker. Pretty soon I had enough ore to make bronze pickaxes and I hadn't even worn out the stone one yet. Now I'm up to steel ones and still trying to use up my bronze and iron ones. I go off on long mining missions far away from my base near the portal and have to go deep now looking for gold ore. The steel pickaxe feels like it will last a long time!

12. metalsquid

Sep 27, 2012
    Have you made the dye bench? It's from the workbench menu. You'll need a bucket of water, pigment and the item of clothing to dye.

13. metalsquid

Sep 27, 2012
    The gem pickaxes have a very poor cutting rate, something like a flint or stone, thus it takes longer for it to mine ore and wears out quicker. It can mine time crystals pretty quick so it's fine for just that and can last quite a while. I've gotten about 200 crystals from the use of one amethyst pickaxe and now I'm ready to upgrade to emerald. What I do now especially for gold ore is to start on it with a regular pickaxe like steel and stop just before it's complete. Then I switch to the gem axe for the last few hits and get the bonus so I can rack up my gold ore fast.

Add me to the list of people who never understood or got into Minecraft but am enjoying the heck out of this game. Bought the timer doubler and I don't feel 'forced' into paying for anything. I just wanted to support the developer coz if it's this good now, imagine what it'll be after a couple of updates.

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You are the smartest man alive :eek:

15. metalsquid

Sep 27, 2012
    You are too kind :D

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    The exploration reminds me of Civ1/Civ3 huge maps when you began a game with one settler and sent a scout discovering.

The map is insanely huge o_O
    I sent a dudette around the globe, and 3 days later, she's still not back home, just has seen 2 Poles! I think I'll skip the caves to get her home with her 4 full chests!

And the caves are enormous and deep.
    I sent my other dude digging down at a bottom of a huge one and 30 blocks later, there was another gigantic cave with my first gold mine :D
    He'll go home now, time to upgrade the benches and tools and collect those precious crystals I left for better gem axes :)

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'll build a big bridge as in San Francisco, but over the whole sea. That way I can go walking from one continent to another :D

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You know, thats not a bad idea :)

19. Ran_out_of_ideas

Ran_out_of_ideas New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Centre

Does anyone have pictures of the centre of the earth? I don't know how long it's gonna take me to get there :confused:

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Someone posted here earlier that the world is 1000 blocks top to bottom and 15,000 blocks horizontal.
    So it might take a while to get to the centre of the earth.