Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Game of the week eh? Wasn't much of a competition was it? Still a very good game never the less! You know a game is good when it gets a thousand reviews plus.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Getting so tough to pick skills to take with me now everytime I level up it just gets harder! I think there's space there at the bottom for 2 more! I know it won't happen but I can dream!

3. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I purchased it right after I read the review, but have not had time to play yet. Looking at this thread it appears I'm truly late to the party at this point! I can't wait to try it out, have to figure out the best strategy for my character seeing as I'm starting fresh and can see early feedback now.

4. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm happy to report that our first update (1.1.1) has been approved lickity split! This update fixes most of the issues that were reported to us over the last couple days. We've already got a 1.1.2 lined up which addresses some other less-critical bugs, and makes a couple balance changes.

Here's the release notes for 1.1.1, which should be available in the next couple hours.

• Improved memory efficiency and load times, particularly on later levels with large numbers of enemies.
    • Mana Strike (Battlemage) was not factoring in all buffs/multipliers, and doing less damage than intended. This has been corrected.
    • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when summoning pets in the Solar Crystal Keeps.
    • Fixed another crash that could occur from summoning pets almost anywhere.
    • Fixed an issue with elemental resistances which would cause them to produce bizarre behavior, sometimes increasing damage instead of reducing it
    • It is no longer possible to corrupt the random encounter with the fleeing ninja by dying in the middle of it after killing the head guardsman
    • Fixed an issue where the player would become "stuck in combat" with a distant enemy on certain maps, making it impossible to open chests, spend stat points or access their character sheet
    • The chest at the end of Rotten Mine is no longer locked incorrectly
    • Gregor no longer lingers in the frost giant's cave after you've already rescued him
    • Summon Mummy (Necromancer) no longer has it's cooldown screwed up until you overwrite the dead mummy with a skeleton
    • The Monk trainer's dialog no longer resets when she relocates from her starting point
    • It's no longer possible to do Rasmus' quest chain more than once.
    • Using teleport in the middle of another special move will no longer interrupt that special move, potentially causing bizarre results (like getting the game stuck in slow-motion).
    • The castle steward in the Capital now actually marks the locations of the solar shards, instead of just saying he does. If you've already passed this point, you can talk to him again and have him "remind" you where they are.
    • Fixed a crash which could occur if you entered a zone with your primary weapon slot completely empty, but with something in your offhand
    • Summoned skeletons are no longer briefly invisible when first summoned
    • Murdering certain quest givers with "crazy mode" will no longer trigger a crash after re-entering that zone

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    And sold! Thanks my man

6. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010

7. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    hi. sorry if this was previously asked.

1) is there any WRONG choice? like is there alignment, etc? i killed the guards in the beginning of the game to get the witch's book.

2) also i accidentally clicked on the wrong answer for robin hood (not to kill catel guy) and he attacked me and i killed robin hood:( did i play the game wrong?

8. Daman2u

Daman2u Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Don't think about it as having played the game wrong so much as having played the game in your own way. There are many choices in the game and you may sometimes be left wondering what might have happened if you had done something else. I see that as adding to the replay value of the game. It allows you to write your own story, in a sense.
    Short answer: you did not play it wrong, you simply made decisions based on what the game let you do.

9. rrevbra

rrevbra Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, there is a couple wrong choice. If you kill a class trainer, then you can't get skill from that classes

10. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    Fantastic! I'm loving this game, but had to put my spellcaster on hold mostly due to the summoning and blink issues. Thanks for the fast update.

11. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    So excited for the update! I can finally use my wizard and necro skills to the fullest.

Also, another bug for me. Whenever I save Gregor, he always crashes the game for me.

12. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I have mixed feelings right now. I wasn't expecting to buy another game this week. I'm excited to play this and at the same time scared to find out what my wife will do when she sees that I spent another $5 on the App Store....

13. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Same here, seems like that's the most prominent bug. Tried restarting my phone and it still persists.

On Iphone 4S

14. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    #1314 airdan, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Update is out!

It is over 100mb wow. What u put in there? An elephant? Lol

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #1315 ste86uk, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Mika if you do update the cartel to have more quests will you make a way for those of us that didn't join able to have another chance?

Also how many times can I play through on + mode? Thinking I'll unlock all the skills then play again to pick stats I want instead of stats I needed for skills.

Oh and thank you for the update : ) although it's not live in the UK yet hopefully soon!

16. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011

Thanks Mika. Could you please address the iCloud save issue reported by many on this thread (ie: not being able to carry a character from one device to another)? :)

17. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    I just tested it myself and iCloud is definitely working for me. The issue however may be that you're not giving the uploading device enough time to actually upload. Example: if you hit the upload button and then just hit the home button immediately, it won't work.

For me, I had 100% success rate doing the following.

1) Open both devices to the file select screen.
    2) Hit the upload icon on one of the devices and wait
    3) After 10-20 seconds, the other device would make a sound, display a message and state that it had recieved an iCloud sync. At that point you can hit the download button.

If this isn't working, I'd try restarting both devices and giving it another go (and of course, make sure you're signed into the same iCloud account on both devices).

18. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Fixed in the next update (1.1.2). I believe this happens if you take the quest, let Wanda die, and then leave the zone before finding gregor. Then if you come back and find him without her, the dialog will crash after completing.

For now, just don't talk to him, there's no reward anyway if you let her die, so it's not like you're missing anything. :)

19. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Nope, for the first and two other tries I reached Gregor with Wanda and when they left and I tried to exit the cave I crashed. Other tries after Wanda has died and when I save Gregor my game crashes still.

20. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I have been ignoring this game but after the amount of posts this thread has gotten and the review there is no way I can ignore this game now