Galaxy on Fire HD -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Guess Big Fish doesn't want anyone to buy any games tonight.

2. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You can get a expansion pack if you have the SD and HD version right?

3. Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD

FISHLABS
    THE #1 OPEN WORLD SCI-FI ACTION GAME Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation w…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE #1 OPEN WORLD SCI-FI ACTION GAME Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation with adventure and RPG elements. Take over the role of the hot-headed space war veteran Keith T. Maxwell and save the galaxy from its impeding destruction by the hands of devious alien raiders, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy madmen! A CONTINUOUS STREAM OF NEW ADVENTURES Take on new adventures and face new challenges with the extensive new expansion pack Supernova™ and the critically acclaimed first add-on Valkyrie™ (available via in-app purchase)! Fly new space ships, mount new weapons, meet new characters, visit new star systems and experience new campaigns with a combined playing time of more than 20 hours! In addition, you can also purchase your own space station, the infamous Kaamo Club, in order to store tons of items and park or even pimp your favourite ships. TRUST THE MEDIA The international press loves Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD and calls it "the best space shooter in the App Store" (148 Apps, 4.5/5 points), "a Freelancer for the iPhone" (Gamedot 10/10 points) and "a must-have for the heavy gamer on the go" (AppCraver, 5/5 points). TRUST THE FANS The fans have given Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD thousands of 5-star ratings! According to them, it is not only "a must buy for all space fanatics" (xxAltitud3xx) but it is also "so good that it makes me wonder why anybody would bother playing video games on anything but an iPad" (LunarFlame13)! TONS OF UNIQUE FEATURES • A vast galaxy with over 20 star systems and more than 100 individual planets and space stations • More than 30 customizable spaceships and hundreds of different weapons systems, power-ups and commodities • A unique mixture of story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay • High-quality visuals including detailed 3D models, hi-res textures and breath-taking Special FX • 3D sound, orchestral soundtrack and full voice-acting • Action Freeze™: Take screenshots from any perspective and share them on Facebook • Synchronisation of save games via iCloud HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD works on iPhone 4S (or higher), iPad 2 (or higher), iPad mini (or higher) and iPod touch 5G. ----- Privacy Policy: https://www.dsfishlabs.com/privacy_policy Terms of Service: https://www.dsfishlabs.com/terms_of_services
    Information
    Seller:FISHLABS
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Oct 07, 2011
    Updated:Jul 07, 2023
    Version:1.1.19
    Size:1.2 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (21)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD

FISHLABS
    THE #1 OPEN WORLD SCI-FI ACTION GAME Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation w…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE #1 OPEN WORLD SCI-FI ACTION GAME Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD is a premium-quality 3D space combat and trading simulation with adventure and RPG elements. Take over the role of the hot-headed space war veteran Keith T. Maxwell and save the galaxy from its impeding destruction by the hands of devious alien raiders, ruthless space pirates and power-crazy madmen! A CONTINUOUS STREAM OF NEW ADVENTURES Take on new adventures and face new challenges with the extensive new expansion pack Supernova™ and the critically acclaimed first add-on Valkyrie™ (available via in-app purchase)! Fly new space ships, mount new weapons, meet new characters, visit new star systems and experience new campaigns with a combined playing time of more than 20 hours! In addition, you can also purchase your own space station, the infamous Kaamo Club, in order to store tons of items and park or even pimp your favourite ships. TRUST THE MEDIA The international press loves Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD and calls it "the best space shooter in the App Store" (148 Apps, 4.5/5 points), "a Freelancer for the iPhone" (Gamedot 10/10 points) and "a must-have for the heavy gamer on the go" (AppCraver, 5/5 points). TRUST THE FANS The fans have given Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD thousands of 5-star ratings! According to them, it is not only "a must buy for all space fanatics" (xxAltitud3xx) but it is also "so good that it makes me wonder why anybody would bother playing video games on anything but an iPad" (LunarFlame13)! TONS OF UNIQUE FEATURES • A vast galaxy with over 20 star systems and more than 100 individual planets and space stations • More than 30 customizable spaceships and hundreds of different weapons systems, power-ups and commodities • A unique mixture of story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay • High-quality visuals including detailed 3D models, hi-res textures and breath-taking Special FX • 3D sound, orchestral soundtrack and full voice-acting • Action Freeze™: Take screenshots from any perspective and share them on Facebook • Synchronisation of save games via iCloud HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD works on iPhone 4S (or higher), iPad 2 (or higher), iPad mini (or higher) and iPod touch 5G. ----- Privacy Policy: https://www.dsfishlabs.com/privacy_policy Terms of Service: https://www.dsfishlabs.com/terms_of_services
    Information
    Seller:FISHLABS
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Oct 07, 2011
    Updated:Jul 07, 2023
    Version:1.1.19
    Size:1.2 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (21)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Adding appinfo=all so we can see the app description

Highly recommended!

Greyskull, it is the second one on sale right?

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah, sorry about that. There is no GOF 1 HD though.

6. Hehe, no problem, was trying to link it for you and I got confused cause I am on my iphone right now. I did notice that Galaxy on Fire is free now, but is this from the same developer? And is that game any good? Anyone can answer. Should we pick up that Galaxy on Fire? Or is it a freemium?

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Holy damn, I was just looking at this a few hours ago. <3

I'm pretty sure the original Galaxy on Fire has gone perma-free after the release of Galaxy on Fire 2. No IAP that wasn't there previously, just free to promote the second game.

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    The original Galaxy on Fire 3D, Galaxy on Fire 2 and this Galaxy on Fire 2 HD are all produced by the same developer, Fishlabs.

As for the HD+SD Valkyrie gift, since the GOF2 SD has become permanently free, that offer has been discontinued.

9. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Can only means one thing...the next GoF is coming soon!

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    So I still haven't finished ARC Squadron, should I grab this one? Space shooter is nice and all but my iPad's running out of free space.

11. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers guys, hope you enjoy the game! And even if you don't have any free space on your device at the moment, we'd still recommend you to make use of that exclusive offer as long as it's still hot. Even if you don't keep the game on your device, the purchase will still be linked to your iTunes account and hence you'll be able to restore it for free whenever you like. :)

12. I've got an idea - maybe Fishlabs made this free, because they are going to suprise us all with GOF3

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They're not really comparable, ARC is more of an arcade fix, this is the whole free roam, trade and explore type deal. Both are worth having for very different reasons.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... this is an INSANELY GOOD free offer for anyone who doesnt have the game yet. I hope this means something good is coming too!

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I hope any future sequel remains premium

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Its been free for a long time. It actually started life on, IIRC, Palm OS. It isn't HD, and will seem extremely simple if you played GOF2, but a few years back I put in an unholy amount of time playing it. So...give it a shot!

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If you are still around, I have a quick question. I had to delete this awhile ago because of the space it took up on my phone; since then I've gotten an iPad Mini. I unlocked the Kamo Club, but for the life of me I can't remember where the Space Station is. I have my save game stored in iCloud.

18. Sebastian@Fishlabs

Sebastian@Fishlabs New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Community Manager
    Hamburg
  19. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

#19 Azuvidexus, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Back when Galaxy on Fire was priced I bought it, and I highly recommend it if you're into Space, ships and anything related to that.

And if you enjoy the game, please support the developer by buying the DLCs ^^

20. killerkat68

killerkat68 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    What if you bought both versions but never had the space to install both at once? Is there any way to get Valkyrie for free?