Might and Magic Clash of Heroes (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-28-might-and-magic-clash-of-heroes-announced-for-ios-android?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Sublime role-playing puzzle game Might & Magic Clash of Heroes will be magicked onto mobile platforms, publisher Ubisoft has announced.

Versions for iPhone, iPad and Android devices are set to be released "in the near future".

The mobile version will include touchscreen controls, perfect for the game's match-three style battles.

Otherwise, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes looks largely unchanged from the game's recent PSN/XBLA HD conversion (it first launched for DS in 2010).

Eurogamer's Might & Magic: Clash Of Heroes HD review awarded the game's home console versions a star-studded 9/10 score last year, enough to earn it a place in our Games of 2011 line-up.

The game's conversion for mobiles and tablets is being overseen by Tag Games.

Yes!!! this game is really really really good : ) It's got more than 20 hours of campaign and could be played online in multiple modes (we'll see if that's included). I would like to see it in full ipad retina glory too ; )

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Man, talk about feast or famine. There wasn't much I've been interested in in the last few weeks; now I've got more stuff to look forward to than time or space on my phone. This was my GotY when it came out for DS. I'm very much looking forward to this. Great news. Now, please tell me I don't have to wait long for it. :(

3. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Great news! :D

I was wanting this game on iPad for ages, never bought it on 360 because it's just not a game I want to play on TV consoles. Loved it on DS, and will buy day one for my new iPad.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    HELL YES!!!!!

My prayers has been granted at last!!!

5. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So cannot wait. Was my goty for ds and psn release. So so hope it has multiplayer as I played over 250 games with a 85% or so win record. So obsessed with it!

6. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    #6 Fimb, Jun 28, 2012
    Hell ••••••• yea, indeed! Just bought it again a couple days ago on Steam (I'm a proud owner of it on the DS and PSN), and wondered why don't they port it to smartphones. Installed Chronotrigger instead and deleted it -- again. Now that they port it to iOS I'm curious about a portrait mode (from the vid it seems like it will be landscape). Would be much more "natural" to have it in portrait, imho.
    Anyway, so glad it's happening.

7. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    #7 Shan82, Jun 28, 2012
    Released "in the near future" when? LOL! I can't wait looks awesome! :D

8. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Ok so watched the video and it looks ace....but I have absolutely no idea what you are supposed to do! Is it RTS, lane defence, hero academy style, final fantasy tactics etc!?

Even saying that I really want it, and I'm not even sure why!!!

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Pretty solid Game. Not epic but a solid Game for all those that love some classic Fantasy Strategy Game and are open for something new.

The PS3/Xbox Version has been so far out for a few Months and even the Console Version are as usual total overrated because simple there aren`t as many similar Games on them the Game is still a try worth.

Looking forward to play it some Rounds as soon as Ubisoft will sent out the Review Build.

@Ubisoft:

It`s Time to release finally a new Rayman Game on iOS and good luck with the Wii U Adventure.

10. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    It's none of those things, actually. It's more a match-3-gem game, but like nothing you've ever played before. Well, unless you played Critter Crunch. Add RPG elements and a surprisingly engaging story and pretty 2D art and you get this game. In a nutshell, though, you match three of the same unit type and they march forward to attack. There are some excellent boss battles, and the game just offers a really refreshing challenge kind of in the same way Demon's Souls did.

11. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    We are extremely excited to be working with such great partners in Ubisoft :).

To the Touch Arcade comm - don't worry guys, we won't let you down in porting the title over!

12. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can you tell us how multiplayer will be? Really looking forward to this.

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Release date!? D:

14. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Sorry Brimah, we can't discuss details of the game as it is up to Ubisoft when to release info to you guys - we are just doing the technical stuff :).

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well...it is awesome as I dream it to be? :p

Always dreamed about the HD version to be played on the retina iPad.
    Could be gorgeous (the game is awesome, I already played it).

Will it have iCloud sync?
    Something you can share with us?

Ubisoft said 'soon' in the trailer so I assume it won't be long...I was hoping yesterday but...

16. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    I think, when the game comes out, and from what I have seen, that it will be very difficult for you to discern the difference between your dreams and the game you are playing ;).

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Damn, this is not fair!!! :p

How soon is 'Ubisoft soon'?!?!?!?

18. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    YEEEHAAAAA!!!!

Really really cool! I´d loved the game on the DS and I can´t wait for the iOS version. Really cool, thank you! :D

19. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Is this a straight port? I played it to death on the DS.

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Hello Simon,

and thank you for bringing this awesome game to ios / android. :D:D Finally!

You could bring back the difficulty selection that it was in the DS version but not in xbla/ps3/pc version. It's nice feature when you want to play against CPU and have the option to choose between easy/normal/hard mode.

Also, you could have a two player versus mode in the same device. Clash of Heroes I think it's most for multiplayer and not so much for single player.

;)