App description: Fall in love with FLORIS, a beautiful SPIN on the classic falling block puzzle game.

Florus petals fall from a virtual universe, pulled harmoniously toward Floris' circular center point. Placement is key to mastering the magical Bloom when either five like petals are stacked, or a ring of twelve completes a full Floris Blossom.

Intuitive controls allow for a beautifully hypnotic experience as you adjust groups of falling petals and rotate your board in delightful anticipation of a Bloom or Blossom. As you become a Florii arrangement architect many game modes are available and ripe for the picking.

--Timed - Play for 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, or infinite

--By Song - Play through the duration of any one of 5 breath-taking original scores from the Floris soundtrack

--One Ring - Play for the highest score and end with your first Blossom/Floret

--100 - A finite number of petals fall the to Florii center

--Petal Palette - Add more colors; increase difficulty

Engage with Floris and discover the true intensity of motivated repose. Boding five original tracks, composed exclusively to elevate strategic stimulation, this is one of the most immersive audio-visual gaming experiences available on the app market right now.

GAME FEATURES:

Game Center
Global Leaderboards
HD Graphics
HD Sound
Endless REPLAYS
5 Original Music Tracks
Multiple Game Modes
100% Indie Game
Invert Control

Tetrimino evolved.

Follow:
https://www.facebook.com/Floris.OxAndCoon
Twitter - http://twitter.com/andrewbbowers
Blog - http://www.OxAndCoon.com

grillaface's comments:
Hey everyone I'm proud to announce the release of my first game, Floris!

FLORIS features:

NO ADS
NO IAP
Multiple Game Modes
Five Incredible BGM Tracks

and it's fun as $%&#$&

As a lifelong gamer it's always been my dream to make games. Thanks to the incredible iOS platform and beauty of the App Store it finally seemed possible for me to achieve this goal.. I taught myself programming and built this myself in cocos2d. One of my best friends (a genius musician) wrote five incredible BGM tracks as Floris' score.

Floris is a direct descendent of Tetris and Dr. Mario, but with the totally new mechanic of a rotating board... I'm a lifelong Tetris fan but found myself seldom playing on iOS - something didn't feel right about the controls.

So I designed this specifically with touch interface in mind and am very proud of how it turned out.

Floris is all about building "rings" that wrap a color all around the board. This spiraling structure lends itself to some really interesting strategy that I myself am yet to master - it's very unique and deep.

Theres a really neat (IMO) story behind the name here:
http://oxandcoon.com/blog/2013/4/14/floris-etymology

Here are a few gameplay snippets each featuring a different one of Floris' background tracks:

Blue

Orange

Green

Pink

Yellow

Thank you for reading and please let me know if you've any questions!
06-21-2013, 02:03 PM
BTW the gameplay does seem improved now, the graphics look/seem smoother. I don't know if you tweaked the colors or reduced the amount each pedal has a sort of haze/blurriness to it, but it looks and feels more solid.

This is specifically a huge help in the real high levels when things are straight dropping, it used to be near impossible to focus on the board because there was almost too much motion blur. I would actually just count, "3 left, drop, 4 right, drop, 2 left rotate, drop" because if you tried to look at the board while it was spinning, it was too blurry.
06-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Hmm, well I guess if I want to compete I gotta turn off the grid thing. I didn't even try that... and then up the colors. Still, It was fun having top scores on a bunch of the leaderboards for that short stint.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Champion

Want to learn to play Floris?

The world champ sent me this video of her making easy work of 4 color mode - the way she can mentally keep track of her layered blossoms is astounding

06-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I found this really helpful and am implementing some of these tactics. I still think to really crush the song modes you have to learn the double ring, but her tactics work really well for unlimited mode.
07-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Grillaface, your scores are getting way up there now. I haven't watched the video because half the fun for me is figuring out a good technique. Still, it's a quality game. I just wish one day it'll get an alternate control screen with sliding left & right to rotate the entire playing field and sliding up&down to rotate the piece. I think that would be more fun & intuitive than buttons.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.