Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Never, EVER engage in full combat.
    With the thief you use hit and run tactics. Never give the enemy a chance to strike back.

Here is a simple strategy for the thief:
    See enemy, turn invisible, hit enemy with a surprise attack, use a flash bang or other ability to disable the enemy, now either kill it, or if that's not possible before they recover retreat and repeat.

Note that when enemies have '...' Above their head they are unaware of you, and cannot block a surprise attack, nor can they retaliate on that turn.
    When you are out of LoS (includes being invisible) for a few turns, the '...' Will return, allowing you to launch another sneak attack.

With the above method, I cleared the first and second act bosses without taking any damage.

Some abilities I recommend for the thief are shadow walk (get shadow mastery ASAP), flash bang, slumber, teleport, and something that increases you damage or speed (such as berserk) for stronger attacks.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! I will try that strategy :)

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I can do well with the ranger, paladin, and warrior usually so give them a try! I wish there was more IAP options besides a $4.99 morale pack. I need more classes or something, man love this game.

4. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    #204 gamer300, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I'm so happy i found this game recently, it's just perfect.
    But that spider cave in act 2...
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not scared of spiders but...
    Ew, i hate them so much.

Also, it might just be a small detail but i love that your character says something everytime you enter a new area. And that it's different for each class.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try it as soon as I get some time to spare. Atm FTL is sucking all my gaming time... :D

The game's full of great details. In fact, you begin by choosing gender and skin tone of your character. Not many games let you do that.

6. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Every time I get Righteous Fury but there's no one around to fight I feel like the blackula hunter from the Venture Brothers. "Now I got blue balls in my blood eye!"

7. RenegadeScar

RenegadeScar New Member

Apr 5, 2013
    I'm really digging the Ranger.

I especially love how the dog has its own AI; it adds an extra layer of complexity.

It took me awhile to get used to using my character to influence the enemies and the dog, but now I can get dog through Act 3 on suicide without him getting 'knocked out'. It also seems like the dog is scared of the final boss.

8. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Maybe he is just confused as to what the bloody hell he is supposed to be doing with all those things around him.

9. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Just wanted to post and say I love this game. Turned based roguelikes are my favorite, because I often have to put my phone down mid-game. So far I've found the Ranger the easiest character to get the hang of.

10. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Everyone says Ranger is best, but I'd rather like Pugilist. Not sure why but I can't beat any game without him.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Ranger has a dog?!?!? I think I know what character I'm going to unlock next :D

12. hu74es

hu74es Member

Aug 5, 2011
    I really dig this game, it's so much beter than the first one.
    But I have been experiencing a problem, from certain point the game just crashes to home screen.
    I start the game, select "Continue" from the menu, then it loads something, then crashes to home screen. I am on Act 3 by the way. Nothing helped so far, even resetting the iPad did not help.
    Any advice appreciated.

13. Xidus

Xidus Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I had that happen to me as well. Nothing you can do except move on and start a new game, or wait & hope it gets fixed in an update.

14. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    How do people get insane high scores like 400,000? And what's up with that dude who pathetically died in 1-1 but got 296,079 pts? I finished the game on Suicide mode but never got over 100k.

15. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #215 Retro Nug, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    The ranger and it's dog is the BEST!

I also noticed that the dog seemed "afraid" of the Act 3 boss. Poor thing wouldn't go near it even when I directed him to.

Does anyone know if they have any plans for a content update?

16. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    #216 punksushi, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    My most epic feat occurred with the wizard. I was in the act 2 lava stage on hard difficulty and had accidentally aggro'd a scavenger. He resisted all of my spells and CC, vanished, and I escaped while him and his summoned mobs chased me around the map. Eventually him, his summoned beasts and like 10-12 other mobs I pulled while trying to run away cornered me. I had ice blast, charm, polymorph, map reveal, and teleport. For items I only had an ankh, a freeze time potion and powder bomb.
    I thought it was pretty much checkmate, but I decided to at least try to wring out any extra morale I could before being gang-raped.
    I charmed a dragon knight and immediately got inspiration proc on two more charms, which I used on the scavenger's summoned beasts. I polymorph'd a dragon (the one with the ranged attack), and got two more inspiration procs to polymorph the other two dragons. So now ranged attacks are completely shut down and it's a melee orgy. This was ripe pickings for a powder bomb and ice blast, and with 17 INT it only had a 6-turn cooldown. By keeping the scavenger's mobs charmed (they are really strong), the dragons poly'd, and the dragon knights' speed debuffed, I popped time freeze and teleported around freely nuking everything in sight. It was such a beautiful destruction.
    Afterwards I spent my well-earned skill point, went down the stairs and pwned Xiatol who was child's play compared to the nightmare upstairs!
    I could not have done this with any other class.
    WIZARD FOR THE WIN! (even though I first beat the game with a pugilist lol)

17. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Some skills require a specific build in order to be effective. I think the fencer set + leech build would be a good combo. It would be like a "spellsword" kind of class.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wish this game had more updates with new content.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Great after action report there! I think I'll need to revisit this gem.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah! I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has posted info in this thread. The first one didn't really click with me (though the last time I played was before I got into roguelikes), so I didn't really pay any attention to this... But after going through the thread and trying out the thief, I'm hooked. I've got the wizard unlocked as well, but the thief really fits my play style.

Anywho... Thanks everyone!!! This game is fantastic... And now I'm gonna have to go back and replay the first one as well... =oP