Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

I tried this game and i think is a fairly decent SHMUP for a buck. The graphics are really impressive, and the controls are not as bad as some here say. Sure it does need more levels and some stuff to be more polished but overall i like the game. If it updates with more levels and weapons it has the potential to become one of the most enjoyable shmups in iOS.

Last edited by Mesp; 04-01-2014 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesp View Post
I tried this game and i think is a fairly decent SHMUP for a buck. The graphics are really impressive, and the controls are not as bad as some here say. Sure it does need more levels and some stuff to be more polished but overall i like the game. If it updates with more levels and weapons it has the potential to become one of the most enjoyable shmups in iOS.
Still considering getting this one since I am one of the biggest shmup fans here on Toucharcade and have all of the cave shmups.

But feedback on this thread has been so negative.

Is it a bullet hell shmup?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesp View Post
Thank you for the compliments!

We're trying hard to make a game with content, so we aim to roll small updates with more content and levels weekly until we reach 1.0, and more big updates a month or two after that.

For instance, next update 0.7.6 features one more weapon (Solar gun) and some controller/UI tweaks, version 0.7.7 comes with at least one more level, more enemy types, and existing levels with more waves.

We aim for the first 6 levels to come up gradually within the next weeks and 4 levels more (3rd episode) if Exodite reaches a minimum audience.

Connector, we aim to be a bullet hell shump, without some things expected for today's most common shumps. This can be refreshing for some but failure for others I'm afraid.

There's still features to be implemented, so if you're expecting evolution and changes overnight in this shump now is the time to try it (we write down your feedback for the next stages of exodite too as you already know ;P) but if you expect a polished game with lots of content I suppose Exodite will be something like that in a couple of months.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwair77 View Post
Thank you for the compliments!

We're trying hard to make a game with content, so we aim to roll small updates with more content and levels weekly until we reach 1.0, and more big updates a month or two after that.

For instance, next update 0.7.6 features one more weapon (Solar gun) and some controller/UI tweaks, version 0.7.7 comes with at least one more level, more enemy types, and existing levels with more waves.

We aim for the first 6 levels to come up gradually within the next weeks and 4 levels more (3rd episode) if Exodite reaches a minimum audience.

Connector, we aim to be a bullet hell shump, without some things expected for today's most common shumps. This can be refreshing for some but failure for others I'm afraid.

There's still features to be implemented, so if you're expecting evolution and changes overnight in this shump now is the time to try it (we write down your feedback for the next stages of exodite too as you already know ;P) but if you expect a polished game with lots of content I suppose Exodite will be something like that in a couple of months.
Hey, I would love to beta test ios 7 joystick support in this game! Really would be awesome to help you all out. I am one of the biggest ios shmup fans there are! Looking forward to the updates!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Woohoo!! Updates in! Thank you for the post- release support.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Woohoo!! Updates in! Thank you for the post- release support.
That's the idea, it is our way to thank you for playing it
Old 04-16-2014, 05:40 AM

Default Exodite 0.81 update

We are proud to inform you that Exodite 0.81 is on its way to the app store, with improved joystick controls, Better MFI support and more content:

---------------------------
Version 0.8 changelog:
---------------------------
- New level in episode 1.
- New Ship: Sabre fighter! this beauty can carry up to 4 weapons and has the best shield regeneration of current ships.
- New enemies!
- Beware of new enemy weapon: Homing missiles.

- Levels 1 & 2 background fixed.
- Level 2 now has more waves.
- MFI Controllers: Pause button will work ingame.

- New joystick: now appears just below finger, move anywhere you wish!
0.81 fix: joystick ratio fixed
- Small bugfixes