Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Mesp Mesp is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Default Game Impressions

I tried this game and i think is a fairly decent SHMUP for a buck. The graphics are really impressive, and the controls are not as bad as some here say. Sure it does need more levels and some stuff to be more polished but overall i like the game. If it updates with more levels and weapons it has the potential to become one of the most enjoyable shmups in iOS.

Last edited by Mesp; 04-01-2014 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesp View Post
I tried this game and i think is a fairly decent SHMUP for a buck. The graphics are really impressive, and the controls are not as bad as some here say. Sure it does need more levels and some stuff to be more polished but overall i like the game. If it updates with more levels and weapons it has the potential to become one of the most enjoyable shmups in iOS.
Still considering getting this one since I am one of the biggest shmup fans here on Toucharcade and have all of the cave shmups.

But feedback on this thread has been so negative.

Is it a bullet hell shmup?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Dwair77 Dwair77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesp View Post
I tried this game and i think is a fairly decent SHMUP for a buck. The graphics are really impressive, and the controls are not as bad as some here say. Sure it does need more levels and some stuff to be more polished but overall i like the game. If it updates with more levels and weapons it has the potential to become one of the most enjoyable shmups in iOS.
Thank you for the compliments!

We're trying hard to make a game with content, so we aim to roll small updates with more content and levels weekly until we reach 1.0, and more big updates a month or two after that.

For instance, next update 0.7.6 features one more weapon (Solar gun) and some controller/UI tweaks, version 0.7.7 comes with at least one more level, more enemy types, and existing levels with more waves.

We aim for the first 6 levels to come up gradually within the next weeks and 4 levels more (3rd episode) if Exodite reaches a minimum audience.

Connector, we aim to be a bullet hell shump, without some things expected for today's most common shumps. This can be refreshing for some but failure for others I'm afraid.

There's still features to be implemented, so if you're expecting evolution and changes overnight in this shump now is the time to try it (we write down your feedback for the next stages of exodite too as you already know ;P) but if you expect a polished game with lots of content I suppose Exodite will be something like that in a couple of months.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwair77 View Post
Thank you for the compliments!

We're trying hard to make a game with content, so we aim to roll small updates with more content and levels weekly until we reach 1.0, and more big updates a month or two after that.

For instance, next update 0.7.6 features one more weapon (Solar gun) and some controller/UI tweaks, version 0.7.7 comes with at least one more level, more enemy types, and existing levels with more waves.

We aim for the first 6 levels to come up gradually within the next weeks and 4 levels more (3rd episode) if Exodite reaches a minimum audience.

Connector, we aim to be a bullet hell shump, without some things expected for today's most common shumps. This can be refreshing for some but failure for others I'm afraid.

There's still features to be implemented, so if you're expecting evolution and changes overnight in this shump now is the time to try it (we write down your feedback for the next stages of exodite too as you already know ;P) but if you expect a polished game with lots of content I suppose Exodite will be something like that in a couple of months.
Hey, I would love to beta test ios 7 joystick support in this game! Really would be awesome to help you all out. I am one of the biggest ios shmup fans there are! Looking forward to the updates!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,835
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Woohoo!! Updates in! Thank you for the post- release support.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Dwair77 Dwair77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Woohoo!! Updates in! Thank you for the post- release support.
That's the idea, it is our way to thank you for playing it
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Dwair77 Dwair77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default Exodite 0.81 update

We are proud to inform you that Exodite 0.81 is on its way to the app store, with improved joystick controls, Better MFI support and more content:

---------------------------
Version 0.8 changelog:
---------------------------
- New level in episode 1.
- New Ship: Sabre fighter! this beauty can carry up to 4 weapons and has the best shield regeneration of current ships.
- New enemies!
- Beware of new enemy weapon: Homing missiles.

- Levels 1 & 2 background fixed.
- Level 2 now has more waves.
- MFI Controllers: Pause button will work ingame.

- New joystick: now appears just below finger, move anywhere you wish!
0.81 fix: joystick ratio fixed
- Small bugfixes
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent