All playdek games and IAP 99c 18-20 Jan

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Phoenix24, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    @Playdek Just announced on their twitter feed :
    ANNOUNCEMENT: All Playdek games AND... In-App Purchases Only 99 Cents This Weekend! January 18 - 20!
    Might pick up Penny Arcade, but gotta recommend Ascension and Nighfall for anyone interested in quality card games.

When I first played Ascension I was literally blown away - fantastic game and easy to get into.

Apologies but not sure how to add the link etc -Doh

2. Ascension: Deckbuilding Game

Playdek, Inc.
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect he…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect her legendary weapons, and return order to her world! Use the Insight resources and Dreamborn cards to save the Dreamscape. Bind Monsters to your deck and use them in battle! Transform cards into incredible Heroes and Constructs and acquire Pasythea! Pair Deliverance with Dreamscape and Delirium for an even more exciting game! Ascension: Deck Building Game, is the award winning deck building card game for mobile. Play alone or with friends to battle against the Fallen One for honor and victory. Conceived and designed by Magic: The Gathering tournament champions, Ascension will provide hours of engaging and strategic game play for enthusiast and experienced gamers alike. 2011 Golden Geek award winner (Best Mobile/Handheld Game) Pocket Gamer Bronze Award 2011 Dice Tower Awards Awards: Best Digital Boardgame Best Interface and Graphic Design - 2011 Best Online Multiplayer - 2011 Highlights: • Universal Application: Plays on phones and tablets • Beautifully detailed cards • Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games • Cross-platform online play • Play against multiple offline A.I. opponents • Multiple expansions available to purchase to expand the Ascension experience! *AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY.* Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service. Also by Playdek: - Twilight Struggle - D&D: Lords of Waterdeep - Fort Sumter - Fluxx Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us at: [email protected] You can follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram! Facebook: /playdek You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/playdek Twitter: @playdek Instagram: @playdek
    Information
    Seller:Playdek, Inc.
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Jun 29, 2011
    Updated:Dec 13, 2022
    Version:2.4.16
    Size:1.0 GB
    User Rating: (79)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #3 oooooomonkey, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Ascension is probably one of my best value for money apps I've bought, I got it at full price and paid the extra £5 or what ever it was for the expansions. And I've played it for months and months and not been sick of it. It's a brilliant game.

Edit: can anyone recommend penny arcade or fluxx? I've looked at them but never been sure enough to pick them up.

4. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Awesome... I'm going to pick up anything I was missing.

5. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I like both, though neither is a tier 1 (for me that's Ascension and Summoner Wars). Fluxx is a good adaptation, and Penny Arcade is similar to Ascension but with a static market instead of a random one.

6. killerkat68

killerkat68 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Does anyone know If the summoner wars all unlock will be down to 99cent?

7. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Great news! Penny Arcade for sure!

8. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Penny arcade game is $0.99 now.

9. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    #9 Rokrdude, Jan 18, 2013
    Yup it's also down to 99c :)

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #10 crex, Jan 18, 2013

Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil

***This game is NOT compatible with iPod Touch 2nd Generation***

Supported Devices:
    iPhone 3GS; iPhone 4; …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***This game is NOT compatible with iPod Touch 2nd Generation***

Supported Devices:
    iPhone 3GS; iPhone 4; iPhone 4S; iPhone 5

iPod touch 3rd generation; iPod touch 4th generation; iPod touch 5th generation; iPad; iPad2;iPad3

Requires: OS 4.3 and above

Down your Bat Milk, clean off your Cardboard Tube and charge into battle astride your Magical Unicorn Starsong; for evil is a foot with 6 toes…

Introducing Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil for iOS from Playdek and Cryptozoic Entertainment! This digital deck-building card game featuring classic Penny Arcade characters from the popular web comic, lets the player engage as Gabe, Tycho, or one of their dauntless allies in an epic battle against Evil! Your path is beset by foes like Dark Tycho, the infamous and infectious cauldron of disease PAX Pox and other Evils that stand in your way of becoming the Master Gamer! With 3 modes of play to choose from; play online with full asynchronous support, play locally against other would be masters, or AI opponents, the descent into madness that is Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil brings rabid rapture to the iOS.
    HIGHLIGHTS
    •Offline and Online play
    •Online Rematch option – There is no grace in defeat!
    •Next Game button to allow you to move between multiple Online games when it’s your turn to play
    •Human and AI opponents
    •Game Center achievements
    •Universal App – play on all your compatible iOS devices
    FEATURES
    •2-4 players
    •Single player vs AI
    •Pass-and-play Multiplayer
    •Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games
    •Invite Game Center friends to online games
    •Maintain multiple Saved games
    •Online game timers
    •Online player stats
    •Card Gallery- See Faerie Candymancer in all of her splendor!
    •Introductory Tutorial-To Penny Arcade, not Shucking
    •Rule Book

Also by Playdek
    Food Fight iOS; Fluxx; Can’t Stop; Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Nightfall
    Find us on Facebook and Twitter
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Card, Strategy
    Release:Dec 19, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (14)

Nightfall

The sun has retreated from the earth, a week ago it shone its last, and now chaos has begun. People fear for their exist…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The sun has retreated from the earth, a week ago it shone its last, and now chaos has begun. People fear for their existence, and while scientists struggle to explain the phenomenon, the creatures of nightmare began to appear. Fear the Night!

Gamezebo: 5 Stars - “Playdek has once again hit it out of the park.”
    Appolicious: 4.5 out 5
    Nerd Appropriate: “Nightfall on iOS is a great way to play cards with friends when you can’t get a gaming crew together.”

New In-App Purchase Expansion: Nightfall: Martial Law

Nightfall: Martial Law introduces many new characters, actions and new color combinations for creating chains and achieving kickers. Martial Law will also introduce the new "Feed" mechanic which will allow players to get even more uses out of their orders. The game also brings to the table a new “Wound” effect that is sure to surprise opponents.

In Nightfall, players must master hordes of ghouls, vampires and werewolves as they struggle to gain control of a post-apocalyptic world.

Begin with a set of starter Minions then draft cards into your private Archives, play cards into the Chain in order to maximize the effectiveness of your cards and Claim new Minions and Actions to pit against your foes. Attack your opponents every round in an effort to weaken your rivals. Time is limited and only mastering all Phases of the game will leave you standing as the victor at the end of the game.

Nightfall for iOS brings AEG's modern horror game to select iPods, iPhones and iPads.

HIGHLIGHTS
    •New In-App Purchase: Martial Law expansion!
    •Achievements and un-lockable Promo Cards
    -Ahmad Hassan
    -Desperate Measures
    -Pale Fury
    •Asynchronous multiplayer with game timers
    •Two start-game modes: Quick Play and Draft
    •Play with open Wound counts or traditional hidden Wounds

FEATURES
    •Supports 1-5 players (human and/or AI)
    •3 levels of AI
    •Asynchronous multiplayer online games
    •Play against others with “pass and play” multiplayer
    •Player Profiles
    •Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play
    •Maintain and save multiple games
    •Automatic shuffling, cleanup and scoring
    •Universal App

Also by Playdek
    Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Food Fight iOS; Can't Stop; Fluxx; Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Card, Strategy
    Release:Apr 05, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)

Fluxx

Playdek, Inc.
    Playdek and Looney Labs team up to bring this amazingly fun card game to mobile devices. Fluxx fuses its chaotic and fun…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Playdek and Looney Labs team up to bring this amazingly fun card game to mobile devices. Fluxx fuses its chaotic and fun game play with offline and online features that fans have come to love in Playdek games! Featuring New Rule cards that change the rules of the game and Action cards that create chaos. Even the object of winning the game changes during play, as players swap out one Goal card for another. The Fluxx card game has earned the Mensa Select Award for games that meet Mensa’s high standards of originality, playability and design. Features: - Offline and Online play for 2-4 players - Human and AI opponents - In-game Chat - Pass-and-play Multiplayer - Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games - Invite your friends to play online games - Online player stats - Tutorial Recommended for iPhone 6 and later; iPad 5th Generation and later; iPad Mini 2 and later; iPod Touch 6th Generation; iOS 11 and later. **AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY** Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service.
    Information
    Seller:Playdek, Inc.
    Genre:Board, Family, Card, Strategy
    Release:Dec 13, 2012
    Updated:Nov 12, 2021
    Version:2.1.5
    Size:206.4 MB
    User Rating: (7)

11. killerkat68

killerkat68 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Thanks! I will be picking this up, 99cents for everything is a steal!

12. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #12 Card, Jan 18, 2013
    Picked up the full Summoner Wars bundle for $0.99 (normally costs $7.99) and Flux. Had the rest =)

13. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Fluxx, Penny Arcade, Ascension couple of expansions and the complete bundle for Summoner Wars. The prices were too tempting to resist!

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Grab them, or you will regret! (I am not kidding)

Can't Stop is an underdog, gab it too (and it begs for async play included)

15. TheUnrealEngine

TheUnrealEngine Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Student/Lifeguard
    Vancouver, BC
    Which is the most fun and easiest to pick up and play?

16. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Great great news! I have all Playdek games and iAP except for Summoner Wars and finally I was able to get it for a great deal of 99 cents. :D

I paid a full 4.99 price for Penny Arcade but I spent so much time with that game its so worth it. Good Job Playdek. Waiting for Smash Up!

@TheUnrealEngine

Penny Arcade is a much simpler deck building game than Ascension. Ascension is just way too deep and have more strategy.

17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Mother.... I bought the IAP FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THIS.

I waited

And waited

And then said, hey...

ARGH. Damn my luck.

Don't pass aside Ascension for being complex. I'm stupid, and I had no problem figuring it out.

18. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Grabbed Penny Arcade and expansion to Ascension and Nightfall; I own the rest! Great deals for any interested!

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I would recommend Ascension, Summoner's Wars, Fluxx, PA and Can't Stop. The first 4 are fun also when playing against other fellow human.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

And so it goes... :)

Well, cheer up, mate. You win some, you lose some. Guess your name fits perfectly in this case.