Alto's Odyssey Sizzling Hot Take Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Maslan266, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Okay now just thinking about it, I have no problem paying 5$ for a game (I have payed for several!)

I have played Alto's Adventure and loved it. But I am not sure if this is worth another 5$. The graphics are stunning, but there are only a few mechanics included. Rest is just the same. Also, remember that this is an endless runner, they don't hold my interest for very long. What made me buy Adventure in the first place was the gorgeously executed artwork, and I loved it as it lasted.

I will still buy the game, but it should either be a DLC or it should cost less. Like $2.99 which was the initial price of Alto's Adventure. Not sure why they raised it up even when the game sold well. I feel like I will enjoy the game for the first day, then it won't hold my attention for too long.

I will give out my impressions once I buy and play the game.

2. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    And there you go attacking opinions of people who think is similar :/

3. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    More like questioning the logic of buying a game called "Altos Odyssey " and complaining about the similarity to "Altos Adventure" . As someone already pointed out parallels in gameplay is a general halmark in gaming sequels wether it be Mario or Call of duty or any other series.

4. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I don’t mind this being a sequel since the setting is different, and thankfully a bit more varied, than the first and the additional mechanics give the game a bit more replay value. For me Altos Adventure, and maybe it will be the same with Odyssey, was an on / off type game. I would play the game nonstop for awhile and then stop playing for a bit...but I would always get the urge to dive back in.

I think the reason I kept coming back to Altos was because it is an “experience” type game disguised as an endless runner. Sure there’re goals to meet but I’ve always felt it’s more about the sounds and scenery.

I do agree wholeheartedly on additional DLC for premium runners. If Adventure had additional scenery packs for $2.99, even if the scenery was thematically the same, I would’ve picked up each and every one of them. The good thing, without spoiling, is Odyssey feels like it would be easier to implement such a feature. Unfortunately the way many people react to DLC the devs may not want to anger the gamerz who feel any DLC is offensive.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "That game you spent three years of your life making should cost three dollars, not five!" - mobile gamer

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    That’s reasons for me going slightly off mobile gaming one my favorite series is getting bashed for no reason :confused:

7. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Yeah, there were times when I got back to Alto's Adventure because of the pretty sceneries, I also liked the fact that it had those levels and tasks to complete, otherwise I would've quit a while ago.

Soundtrack is great too. It was a polished game for sure! EVen though I am not a fan of endless runners and with successors are very similar to the first game (Which, I guess in this case is varied), It is what made me be skeptical on buying Odyssey for $4.99 as there are other games on my wishlist. I will still buy the game though, the new additions and the idea of multiple biomes seems cool.

8. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    You are being sarcastic, right?

It is unfair that you are saying “That game you spend 3 years of your life making should cost 3$ not 5$” First of all, this game didn’t take 3 years to make. That is false information. I just said I don’t know if it is worth it or not.
    Also, I have paid for several iOS games that cost 5 dollars. I even paid for games that cost 10$ (that being The Witness which I would pay 20$ for me, next is Thimbleweed Park) So just assuming won’t work on me.
    Next time, instead of throwing cheap Ad Hominems, actually learn to respect my opinion.

To the Jamesrooney person, I am not even bashing the series, I said multiple times that I DID enjoy Alto’s Adventure, I just didn’t come back to it too much because in the next few days, endless runners can get a little off for me. I still come back to it from time to time so I can play in Zen Mode or complete the tasks and unlock new characters.
    Also, the part where you said “No reason” is very stupid. I gave quite a few reasons on why I was skeptical about buying this one (I still will next week)

The constant moaning is just ridiculous. Let it go (no pun intended)

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I was just pointing out how silly it is to bitch about a two dollar difference in a piece of art like this. Five dollars, three dollars, ten dollars… it's all ridiculously cheap for a game of this caliber. It's pretty insulting telling someone their work isn't even worth FIVE ��������ing dollars, don't you think?

Feel free to take your own advice ;)

10. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    #10 Jamesrooney27, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Unfair this is what’s wrong with mobile gamers, and I’m not being sarcastic, what so this game just McDonald’s wow so expensive/ I guess you don’t buy many games because you think this rip off, I have Nintendo switch, try living with console prices, mobile games are amazing the quality you get from them unbelievable for the price of coffee

11. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    It may be worth 5 dollars to some people, though not everyone feel that way if they are not enjoying it.

Oh and it is your opinion if you think it is worth it, if someone else does not feel like it is worth it, then let them have their own thoughts, instead of being one of those a**holes that do not know that everyone has their own freedom of speech.
    And in this case, in my opinion, I am not sure if it’s worth 5 dollars
    Maybe it would be worth for the graphics, but I haven’t played yet so I am not sure.

“Feel free to take your advice”
    Same goes to you :3

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Well I can save you some time, it's definitely not worth 5 dollars to you. You're more of a free to play games kind of person, there's plenty of those for you to enjoy.

13. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    When I said “sarcastic” I was talking to the other person, firstly.
    Not sure how McDonalds connects to this as it isn’t a good comparison. Oh and no, I buy sooo many mobile games and apps. I have almost 200 apps on my device right now, most being games. I also do not think this is a rip off, that is flat out stupid. I am not complaining about the price, If endless runners were my favorite I would’ve bought this in a heartbeat.
    Ok you have a switch, I have a PS4 but so far I only played like 3 games on it with high prices. Though I don’t play console games that much, not because of the prices, because it can be tedious sometimes. I like touch screen tactile experiences.
    If you like the game, good for you. Have fun. Enjoy it. But in my case, I am skeptical. I will purchase the game next week and share my thoughts about my experience afterwards.

14. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Wrong. Not a free to play person. There are only a few I play which are SimCity and Smurf’s Village. But other than, I am a premium person.
    Nice job not even understanding what point I am trying to get across, I assume English is not your first language?

15. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    LOL I just realized a few of my comments got deleted, how funny#

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  17. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Thanks, you cigarette.

Pfft, I am done here. I am done commenting to this shit. Do not expect any other answers. Have fun in your own world. I am honestly tired of continuing to reply to people who cannot even debate properly, and do not realize this is TouchArcade and not Youtube.

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    debate me bro!!

19. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Already did, give me a proper post on how you just jumped into the conclusion on how I am a free to play gamer.

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA