List of game that require IOS 5

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #1 Darth Ronfar, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Ok, so for all those people still using IOS 4 etc.. I'm sure you have at some point come across a game that requires IOS 5 and you can't play it etc..

It seems now there are more and more games requiring IOS 5 and most forget to even mention it. As we reach the point where IOS 5 bEcomes the norm I think a list for now will be usefull for those of us still using IOS 4 for whatever reason.

Precepto
    twin spin
    Pinball arcade
    Empire of the eclipse
    Fredderic resurrection
    Gene effect
    Infect the world
    Pizza vs. Skeletons
    Babel Rising 3d
    Tiny Troopers
    Vermes on Mars
    Ichi
    Pocket Planes
    Bop it! Smash
    Pollisynth
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

Those are just a few for now as I go and search for more (which there is) in the meantime please feel free to help and add to the list any games that require IOS 5.

2. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #2 Darth Ronfar, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    Games I'm not sure about

Sam and Max games
    Tale of monkey island
    Some other point and click games
    Burnout crash
    Need confirmations

I know there's alot more but I'm having trouble finding them...

I think there was some boardgame realesed a few weeks ago that needed iOS 5, can't remember the name

In other news I accodently bought Qwop thinking it was iOS 5... Lol, guess that wasn't a good way to check maybe if I turn off buying apps?

3. Nice idea

Pocket Planes can also be added to the list

4. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #4 Darth Ronfar, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    Sorry*

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just out of curiosity why do people still use ios4 ?

I thought it was to do with jailbreaking but i thought ios5 was now jailbroken?

Why do people stick with ios4 then ? I took a while to upgrade as i was nervous as my many (500) apps i thought wouldnt work but i was pleasantly surprised, most seemed to work and updates fixed the others.

6. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Well basically after I went from iOS 4.1 to 4.3 everything got all screwed up(subtle changes but def. noticeable) so I told my self I wasn't gonna w
    Switch again and when iOS 5 came out there was like a **** ton of people on the apple help site with problems... I dunno I guess it's all fixed now but still I just assume stick with this anyways till I get a new iPhone/pad that comes already running ios5 or 6 whatever... Plus the whole hooking it up thing takes forever and I know that's was solved with Icloud but I'm just gonna wait cuz there hasn't been anything reason too switch yet... Except a few games but there's still enough games that do support iOS 4 that I'm fine with it..

7. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Max Payne runs on iOS 4.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    To me its a bit like a Windows upgrade, i'll wait a few days for the dust to settle to see how everyone is coping.

If you look at all the stories on an Apple forum you'll never want to buy their products ever again as its often full of complaints/problems and you dont always hear about positive stuff.

But take this forum, no one went OTT regarding iOS5 from what i remember. As i said i've got 500+ apps on my device, moving from ios4-5 was fine in the end.

Pinball Arcade was one of the main reasons i moved to ios5, couldnt miss out on that !

9. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I'm guessing 5.1.1 untethered was only released not long ago, not many people caught on yet? Or people just prefer iOS4. Another reason is because older devices can't even go beyond iOS4.2 since Apple is intent on forcing people to buy new devices.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Because of Notification Center and other things added in, iOS 5 uses a bit more memory than iOS 4 does. Not a big deal for iPhone users, but it 10-15 less memory can greatly affect performance on the iPod Touch 4.

In my own experience, my iPod Touch ran a lot worse on iOS 5 than it did iOS 4 (at least until 5.1.1.).

Reeder is not a game, but the most recent update is iOS 5.1.1 only.