How to play DOOM CLASSIC in NIGHTMARE mode

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Olly, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Olly

Olly Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Hello,this is my first post,and a helpful one.

I have learnt that doom classic is based off the prboom engine,and I have found some cheat codes for the prboom engine,first up,if you summon the console with a 4 finger tap and type in "tntfast" it will make all the monsters attack and move a lot faster than they usually do,this basically let's you play in nightmare mode,since the thing that made nightmare differ from ultra violence is that the monsters are pretty frigging fast,so use "tntfast" and you are basically playing nightmare! NOW try beating DOOM!! There is also another cheat,try typing in "tntem" to kill EVERY SINGLE monster in the level,ain't that useful but when your at the exit and you want to get 100% kills then it's useful. And the only reason it's tnt instead of id,is because teamtnt made the engine. Enjoy getting your ass kicked by the uber fast demons now XD

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Second post... and in the wrong section ;)

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    wait, you're at the end of the level and you type a cheat code to get 100% kills? Seems counter productive to me...

4. Olly

Olly Member

Jun 21, 2009
    No it's just some people who aim to get a perfect score would want to make sure there aren't any monsters they've missed

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    whats the point of getting a perfect score if you cheat to do it?

Isn't it more satisfying to actually get a perfect score knowing that you actually accomplished something?

6. Olly

Olly Member

Jun 21, 2009
    I'm not saying I do it,some other people might do it

7. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hey Olly, thanks for the info. It's appreciated.

8. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    wow dogmeat... every forum i have been to today, you are there yelling at or making fun of someone...

Are you having a bad day or something? do you want a hug???????

9. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Even my douche-dar was going off. "There's something big off the bow capin"

10. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Midian and dogmeat have been on all day trying to start fights, especially dogmeat.

11. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    lol.. dogmeat is being a little... blunt but i wouldn't say he's trying to start fights. and i don't really see midian picking fights either. people need to loosen up and/or grow thicker skins imo.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Not really, just speaking my mind. I haven't directly insulted anyone, had a few playful disagreements with dogmeat in various topics but nothing too dramatic. Where's the part where I "tried to start an argument"?

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ha, I don't think I've ever seen Midian try to start fights. He will hotly debate a topic for sure, but never in a rude or non-constructive manner AFAIK. And dogmeat's just taking out all his bitterness towards the forums on everyone around him, which I'm finding both amusing and irritating.

14. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I don't really mind Midian too much, I think he posts too much but it's none of my business. Dogmeat though annoys me to no end he goes into threads just looking to insult someone or make them mad.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think I post too much too, if you wanna get me a job I'd be happy to have something better to do during the day :p

16. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    makes sense to me

17. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    you guys realize you totally jacked his thread and drifted off into something totally different leaving this guy unanswered?

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    He didn't ask a question... the info is still there for people to see when they click on the topic. There's really not much you can discuss, the guy simply posted a cheat.