iPad Gold Runner 99 (by NIKOLAY KORNEYCHUK)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tosui, Feb 17, 2009.

1. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Just showed up a couple of days ago, and I'm a little surprised to see that no one has mentioned it. (Maybe I'm just old!)

Anyone willing to dish out the 99 cents for a piece of old-school loving?

http://appshopper.com/games/gold-runner

Gold Runner 99

NIKOLAY KORNEYCHUK
    Gold Runner 99 Retro Arcade Platform Game with 99 leaderboards for each level. Enjoy for Grand Competition!
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Gold Runner 99 Retro Arcade Platform Game with 99 leaderboards for each level. Enjoy for Grand Competition!
    Information
    Seller:NIKOLAY KORNEYCHUK
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 12, 2017
    Updated:Oct 12, 2017
    Version:1.0
    Size:5.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I want to, but no more apps untill I finish my mountain bike. my app addiction has put that project off since fall, and the trails are starting to thaw. I've been wanting a good lode runner clone, something similar came out a oil while back

3. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Okay, since no one else has tried it, I decided to since I loved Lode Runner back on my Apple IIc and on my Commodore 64. This game is as close as it gets to bringing Lode Runner back, it is a really good game. You can choose to use the on screen controls which they call keyboard or use the accelerometer with dig hole keys on the screen. The one thing it needs to make it a great game is that while using accelerometer the dig control bottons need to be bigger. If using the on screen controls all the controls need to be bigger. They should use semi transparent controls over game board to make the controls work the best. With that simple change this game would be great.

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    A solid update the best lode runner adaptation yet to appear on the iPhone platform. Get it before it disappears like iloderunner did.

5. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    To add to my previous review, the update has done the game justice. The buttons are now big enough to use. The level editor really brings the lode runner spirit back. Now the game is a great buy for those that like Lode Runner.

6. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    version 1.2 is out:
    What's new

Added three types of controller:

– ON-SCREEN HIDDEN KEYS.

– SWIPE CONTROLLER.

– KEYBOARD (added another one).

7. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Gold Runner 99: old-school arcade game

[​IMG]

Gold Runner 99 for $1.99: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gold-runner-99/id365651210?mt=8

Gold Runner Lite for FREE: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gold-runner-lite/id372819820?mt=8

– 99 game levels and 99 user levels with Level Editor.
    – Three Game Modes: Time Mode, Hi-Score Mode and Time Mode for User Levels.
    – Adjusting game speed.
    Five types of controller:
    – ACCELEROMETER. Tilt iPhone to run and use bottom keys to dig. Tap center of the screen to PAUSE. You can calibrate accelerometer and adjust accelerometer sensitivity.
    – ON-SCREEN HIDDEN KEYS. Tap near edges of screen to run and use bottom keys to dig. Tap top left corner of the screen to PAUSE.
    – SWIPE CONTROLLER. Make directed swipes on screen to run and use bottom keys to dig. Tap bottom of the screen between dig keys to PAUSE.
    – KEYBOARD. Tap keys to run and dig. Tap UP/DOWN key to go down, to go up you must tap above it. Tap center of the screen to PAUSE. You can use Controller Smart Mode.
    – KEYBOARD PRO. Tap keys to run and dig. Tap center of the screen to PAUSE. You can use Controller Smart Mode.
    Controller Smart Mode corrects wrong taps. It's switched on by default. For example*when you play the game using KEYBOARD PRO if you try to dig when it's impossible, DIG command will be corrected to DOWN because DOWN button is between DIG buttons.*if you press LEFT near ladder it will be corrected to UP because UP button is near LEFT button. So try Controller Smart Mode and enjoy:)
    Gameplay:
    You are a yellow player and must collect all the gold in a level while avoiding green guards who try to catch you. After collecting all the gold, you must travel to the top of the screen to reach the next level. You can dig holes into floors near your location to temporarily trap green guards and may safely walk atop them. Over time, floors dug into will regenerate, filling in these holes. A trapped guard who cannot escape a hole before it fills is consumed, immediately respawning in a random location at the top of the level. Floors may also contain tarp doors, through which you and green guards will fall, and solid blocks, through which you cannot dig.
    There are 99 levels in the game which progressively challenge players' problem-solving abilities or reaction times. Levels feature a multi-floor, brick platform motif, with ladders and suspended hand-to-hand bars that offer multiple ways to travel throughout.

Attached Files:

8. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Looks perfect for this kind of game. Always loved the Lode-Runner games, so I may end up getting this.

9. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
  10. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Gold Runner 99 returns!

Gold Runner 99

NIKOLAY KORNEYCHUK
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Information
    Seller:NIKOLAY KORNEYCHUK
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 12, 2017
    Updated:Oct 12, 2017
    Version:1.0
    Size:5.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #11 Ubisububi, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    For some reason, I had to buy it again. Don’t really mind paying another buck to get 64-bits but would have loved native iPhone X screen support.