Please everyone make plan to change this game, the game currently has 50,000 users.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zxl777, Aug 10, 2009.

1. zxl777

zxl777 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #1 zxl777, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    iPhone directly search "Star Shower"
    Or click App Store Link to download

Free download volume has exceeded 50,000, App store is more than 1000 of the Review.
    By review , the main problem is that play the game only five minutes,then gameover.
    Can not let the players have to play it more time.

The following is a more detailed upgrade plan.

[​IMG]

Replies welcome !!!

2. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    #2 atommo, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    The first thing about Star Shower I would change is that horrible blast of music that comes on when you take out a Star.
    It's a bad sample, with a lot of clipping, too long, and just unnecessary

edit: Since I'm not sure how well that will translate back into your native language, I'm just saying that you need to remove the sound that occurs when you shoot a star.

3. zxl777

zxl777 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks, I see, I will change the sound.
    And i will post the sound to here before App store update.

4. zxl777

zxl777 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Please suggest ,thanks

5. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    How about power ups like bigger balls or allowing them to bouncy off the sides for a short time or be able to destroy enemies by tapping them and maybe extra lives

And maybe a outer space background

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I've played the game several times. I even asked my friend to try it out as well.

My only concern is that the game gets a little boring after awhile. So here's a little suggestion which may or may not be a good idea (its up to you).
    1. Instead of just letting the stars fall down randomly, have the stars fall down in a pattern. Imagine that the stars have a fixed horizontal position and all they do is fall down vertically. You can make all sorts of patterns (based on the horizontal and vertical spacing of the stars) to asjust the difficulty of the shots that the player has to make.
    2. Change the game to be level-based. Each level has like 100 or more stars to clear. The player needs to clear a minimum number of stars to progress to the next level.
    3. As the level progresses, you can either 1) have more stars to make a longer level, 2) have more difficult patterns, 3) have the stars actually move around horizontally in the later levels to make it even more difficult.
    4. Each level should have a high score. The score could be the number of stars collected or if you have score multipliers (as powerups) the score could be just a number. Online leaderboards work well with this. People like to compete.
    5. Some powerup ideas: 1) multipliers, 2) a bomb to clear all the stars, 3) an aura field around the ball so that it has a bigger hit radius, 4) a laser so that you can hit all the stars in a single line, 5) a homing missile so that you can hit stars in the vicinity of a certain location.
    6. Its very easy to come up with powerups actually once you get the idea that the game is like a vertical shooter, except you use a slingshot to shoot most of the time. The powerups give you better weapons thats all.
    7. You can make achievements as well. One could be the most number of stars hit with a single shot. Maybe you can hit 8 stars in one shot?
    8. You can also collect some statistics that are posted online as a leaderboard. For example, number of stars collected in total, number of stars collected in a single game.

Let me know how these ideas pan out :)

Good luck!

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    ive had this game for awhile. pretty easy to pick up and good for when you only have a short time to play like waiting in line or something

8. zxl777

zxl777 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks for your ideas.

I will add below
    1) multipliers, 2) a bomb to clear all the stars, 3) an aura field around the ball so that it has a bigger hit radius, 4) a laser so that you can hit all the stars in a single line, 5) a homing missile so that you can hit stars in the vicinity of a certain location.

And game will change to level up mode.

Some of the suggestions I would also like to carefully consider.

Then game will play for 2 hours, This is my goal!

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you manage to add all of that I think people could get 2 hours from it :) Good luck!

10. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    And let us know of your development progress :) I saw an update recently, but I think its mostly cosmetic.

Good luck! :D

11. zxl777

zxl777 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    More detailed upgrade plan Update.

12. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Hmmm let's see...
    That evil smiley face is from emoti icons and the hole game itself where u got the idea from was from one of the super Mario minigames on the ds I think. Using like a sling or catapult on the bullet bills I think saving the toads. The game isn't bad though that you made :)