New Free Site for joining other Indies to succeed together

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by housecube, Jul 30, 2013.

1. All, I have created a site and a framework to let us Indies work together in a way that I think will help us all do better obtaining the quality traffic we all need. I'm starting with an Alpha trial with most likely less than 10 applications/games. If you are interested in being part of the Alpha Trial and/or the eventual Beta and Full Release, please Sign Up at my site: http://www.indie-groups.com

2. Hobbsicle

Hobbsicle Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Interesting idea. Do you mind explaining in a bit more depth what your vision is? I only got a vague understanding via the blurb on your site.

3. rwaller1

rwaller1 Active Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Game Developer
    Knoxville
    Cool Idea

More details?

4. Idea is to get similar or like minded games together in a group. As the user plays Game A for example, he is earning currency towards Games B and C which are also part of the same group. The owner of the group creates the deal such that X minutes played in any Game of the Group equals Y currency for the other games of the group. Once the terms of the deal have been met, Game A would notify his user of the earned currency and have a link to Games B and C to redeem. Once Games B and C are installed and/or opened, they would present the earned currency and allow the user to spend as they deem appropriate. All members of the group must agree to the deal in order to participate and any changes to the deal also must be reverified by all members.

5. hashcube

hashcube Member

Jul 29, 2013
    These are direct deals among developers in a group? The SDK handles the earnings and rewarding of currency?

6. Yes, correct. These are direct deals among developers in a group. And Yes, the SDK once integrated will keep track of the time played in each game, and the delivering of the currency to other appropriate members of the group. It is up to those games to decide how best to spend the currency however, based on their game design.

If you are interested in trying it out in Alpha, please go ahead and Sign Up on the site http://www.indie-groups.com.

Thank You for your interest.