Avoid IOS 9 if you own iPad mini 1

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    My iPad mini has been amazing since day one. Fast and plays 90% of all games in App Store and awesome battery life.
    I upgraded to iOS 9 and the minute I switched my iPad runs at laggy speeds and battery life dropped.
    Unfortunetly I made the decision to wipe everything to restart from scratch and it did not help . Now I have none of my data and my iPad is not worth searching the Internet. I have the highest speed internet that you can possibly buy and iOS 9 literally killed my iPad from the first second.

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thanks for the warning. Like you, my mini 1 still runs like a dream and there's very few games that I have wanted but can't due to not having latest ios. I'd love to upgrade but can't afford to yet, so this one will have to do me for a while yet.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    When did you update to iOS 9?
    iOS 8.4.1 was still signed by Apple for weeks until yesterday.

4. vidra

vidra Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2013
    English Teacher
    Try hooking your iPad on to your PC or MAC, doing a backup and then a restore from iTunes, during which you opt to keep your data and settings and it'll do wonders for your device. Many devices tend to be laggy after major OTA updates as there is junk left over from the previous iOS and Apps. A restore performs a clean install on your device. Just don't forget to back up your data and your apps before doing a restore.

Hope that helps