Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 08-11-2013, 11:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
Anyone know where I can find statistics comparing iOS vs Android sales? I've heard the same app generally sells more on the Appstore. I'd like to know by how much and if trends are changing.

Any developers willing to share their numbers would be appreciated. No need for actual sales or revenue numbers. I'm specifically looking for ratios of Appstore to Playstore (or android markets combined).
For free to play games, in general, PikPok is experiencing 2x downloads or more on Android over iOS, while receiving 2x revenue or more on iOS over Android.

In other words, we are finding the absolute revenue opportunity is more or less the same on both platforms, but we need to make twice as many downloads on Android as iOS because each download on Android only generates half as much revenue.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

With Android you can use multiple app stores to bolster the sales somewhat such as the Amazon App Store (Which has quality control unlike Google Play). Though I'm only now planning on publishing some things to Android.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I think the reason I have better results in iOS is the individual sections for games make them easier to find. In google play if you are not popular you get buried. You need to find other ways than hope they find you in the store.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Here's a neat article I found on sales results from the Android and Apple App Stores. Android is most popular, but Apple iOS is the most profitable......

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/17/60...llery:1:780583
Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Markets

I think this will depend highly on what markets you are going after. An extreme example would be if your game was only in Korean - Korean's mobile market is like 90% android, so that would make more sense

Keep in mind that not everyone is an English developer, but that allows partnerships galore to thrive and prosper.