Bug Heroes 2 [Foursaken Media] - coming Feb 20!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014

In Bug Heroes 2, player take control of miniature heroes, battling to defend their stash of food. Players will gather food and spare parts, build defenses and turrets to fortify their food stash, and ultimately defend to the death! The standard mode is an "endless mode", but the rounds themselves are actually objective based to offer a wide variety of gameplay, from pure defense, to destroying a newly built enemy base, to capturing and holding a strategic point, to assassinating unique enemy types, and more. There is also a PvP/base vs base mode where the objective is to destroy the enemy base. Includes single player, co-op and versus multiplayer.

------------------------------------------------

Features:
    - Blend of MOBA, action, defense, tactical, and strategic gameplay
    - Choose 2 heroes to take into battle. Both heroes exist on the battlefield at the same time, and you can freely switch between the two. You can give the hero you're not controlling basic commands such as "follow me", "defend", or "hold your ground."
    - Tactical combat elements, including an in depth armor system, cover based firefights, and managing 2 heroes at once.
    - Over 25 heroes to choose from! Heroes are now more streamlined compared to BH1, and more specialized, with 1 passive and 4 active abilities each.
    - Equipment system. Each hero has a wide range of equipment and upgrades to progress through in-game.
    - A whole slew of persistent upgrades, including "discipline" slots for each hero, and a set of universal upgrades that affect heroes, creeps or buildings. Many disciplines offer trade-off benefits, altering the way a hero plays without imbalancing them - very important for a competitive mp game!
    - PvP mode! Destroy your enemy's food stash. Fight alongside ally creeps. Very MOBA-like, but with Bug Heroes flavor to it ;)
    - Legendary heroes. Legendary heroes are much larger than a typical bug hero, and much more powerful, such as the Toy Robot Gunner, or the Field Mouse Ranger. The catch is, you can only take one legendary hero into battle, as opposed to 2 bug heroes, completely changing the way you play, without creating imbalanced gameplay!
    - Gorgeous graphics with advanced technology such as reflections and normal maps.
    - Switch between 2 views on the fly: overhead "tactical" view, or behind the shoulder 3rd person.
    - Over 60 unique enemy types, from war slugs, to fungus necromancers, to siege cannons, mortars, commando squads, and so much more.
    - Lots more!

------------------------------------------------

Hero Profiles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come!

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #2 WCFields, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Finally!!!!

This is great news, when will this be released ?

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Now it's confirmed. You guys really don't sleep. Block Fortress War and Bug Heroes 2 revealed in the same week?

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    tears of joy...

So exciting, you guys are the best. This sounds like a true sequel, maintaining the good of BH games but adding to the pot.

I completed Bug Heroes Quest, one of only a handful of games I went all the way through, as it kept drawing me in with new partners, weapons, etc.

This sounds like, with all the hero options, it will truly be a "find what works" for your play style and HIT IT.

Thanks for making some of the best games of my 25+ years of gaming experience.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    (I'm not great at finding funny gifs...)
    Pleeeease, say that the spider will also be in Bug Heroes 2!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We'll be going through the heroes over time every few days, talking about their abilities, etc ;) Guess you'll just have to wait and see if she's still in! :p

I will say that NOT all of the heroes from the original BH are back, and some are reinvented.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Okay there is seriously black magic involved or they sold their souls to satan in return for super-coding-powers or something like that...if so, i would be totaly okay with that cuz that means we get just more of these awesome games.

I will definitely hit the buy button as soon as this and block fortress war are available in my AppStore.

Keep up the great work!

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh my god

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    My bet is on Ant, Beetle and Spider returning, because they were the starting trio that also appeared in BHQ as main chars, and Termite, because he was cooooool.

I don't have any idea about what kind of bugs those legendary heroes will be though. A fire-breathing Meganeura? :eek:

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Where on earth could they take Heroes and Castles to for a sequel?! I mean, both of these games are MOBA like in a multiplayer sense, BFWAR in single player as well, so what could they do new with H&C? It seems almost as if H&C was a stepping stone to Bug Heroes 2 since it can be played in 3rd person (if I'm interpreting the meaning of "creeps" correctly). So are these creeps (allies) only a multiplayer component to add depth and balance, so that way it's not a 1 on 1 death match? Makes sense. Ok I was kinda iffy on my thoughts but just wanted to put them out there and now everything's making sense to me haha. I understand

Btw I would pay $2 - $500 for a Sci-Fi game from you guys.

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

;)

Legendary heroes are not necessarily bugs, though there are some legendary bug heroes.

There's a ton we could do with H&C still ;)

But yeah, pretty much exactly :p Creeps play their most important role in PvP - Bug Heroes is all about hero vs unit strategy, so we felt we had to retain a large part of that element even in PvP. In Endless mode, your food stash does not spawn friendly creeps at all.

That being said, there are "mercenary camps" in in all modes, where you can pay some of your gold to hire elite creep groups to fight for you. And some heroes can summon friendlies to fight for you. So friendly creeps are definitely a part of the game, but not nearly to the extent that H&C or Block Fortress war has.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright good to hear! I can't wait for the inevitable H&C sequel/spinoff.

And just out of curiosity, do you guys have any interest in a Sci-Fi game? I've notice that you guys have Fantasy elements in almost every game except N.Y. Zombies so it seems to be a preference of yours. Oh now that I think about it BF did have lasers and such... But besides the point.

I would pay inumberable amounts if money for a game like that from you guys (your multiplayer mastery makes me think of SW Battlefront). I mean maybe a spaceship game or shooter or I don't know! It just makes me drool thinking about the possibilities.

Lemme know if you have any interest in this if you get a chance (;

13. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Holy ish. I can't believe my eyes. This game is going to be epic. Part one is still one of my favorite iOS games and the first game I ever beta tested.

14. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    <3 This expresses my emotions.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Not sure if small *****, or heart.

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Awesome. Another exciting game to create sleepless nights and use up all my spare time! The other two Bug Heroes are literally two of my all-time favourite games on ios.

17. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    You guys... Releasing a great app then working on 2 BIG projects in a row. You guys are the best people ever!! Bug Heroes was my favorite game since forever! I would be more than happy to pay 10$ for this (But let's stick to about 1.99 ;)

I hope for the original trio come back for more action!

This is defiantly an instant buy.

18. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Basically, you guys are my favorite developers. I mean you were, for iOS, but now your just straight up the BEST developers out there.

Keep up the good work! ;) and to think, you guys almost quit 0_0

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Wow, thanks guys - it means a lot! Will try to post the 1st hero profile tomorrow.

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    please don't remove BH main characters: ant, beetle, and spider.