Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
I really don't buy that "there are no original games" bs excuse. Don't pretend you made this game because you could not think of anything else to make. It's a cash grab clone game that will arrive to late to the party. Not really saying there is anything wrong with that but let's cut the pretence.
I 100% agree with this. There is plenty of space for clever original games, they are just harder to come up with. They also need more development.

I don't have a problem with clones, but I would like to see a point of difference.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I don't mean to offend you but I'm just sick of seeing all these Flappy versions. If I were a game dev, I will only look at Flappy's so called "success" as inspiration or motivation for me to create a game that the world will appreciate and love. As the other guys have said, there is still plenty of space for new ideas.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 AM

Just because I made this game doesn't mean I ran out of ideas, I made this game for fun and my friends loved it. Then put on app store and tried to make some extra cash. That's why I opened a thread here. If you hate it or sick of it, then I'm sorry.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:58 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

This game will probably get rejected at the moment for being too similar to flappy bird. But you might sneak through because it is called Flap Flap rather than using Flappy in the title.

I just had one declined, it wasn't even a clone, but I called it Flappy Chicken and that was too much. Changed it to Chicken Flap, and have to wait a week again to see if that gets through.