Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM

I do love a good book (right now I'm reading through Joe Abercrombies' First Law fantasy trilogy) but I also gotta represent my love of comics. When great art is matched with brilliant writing the resultant narrative chemistry can be amazing. A good comic can convey a ton of story in a single panel and does so in such an intuitive manner that it ends up feeling like an effortless read. I'd point to Darwyn Cooks graphic novel adaptations of Richard Stark's Parker series, if you love noir then it's well worth a read for that reason alone.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:02 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I read a novel at least once every two months, keeps the brain fresh There are a lot of amazing books out there and I'd definitely recommend Sanderson's Mistborne as well as Joe Abercrombies' First Law trilogy as mentioned above. I could go on with a list including Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy, Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen, and many more.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I've been reading two series kind of at the same time lately, Honor Harrington series by David Weber for my sci fi fix and The Godling Chronicles by Brian D Anderson for my Fantasy fix.
I like them both although I had reservations about reading the first mainly due to the female character but once you get a few books in it's pretty good.

As for the second it's your typical farmboy finds out he's special and has to save the world thing, very Eragon like but I like cliche stories sometimes and I'm enjoying it just wish the whole series was complete as it is there are five books so far.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 AM

The Plagerist - Hugh Howey - Short story, you see the end coming but it doesn't detract from a great concept