iphone game trailer : Pocket Hunter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by virgil, Mar 31, 2011.

1. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    #1 virgil, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

★★★Update:8-8-2011★★★
    New weapons added, magic system added, and many other new features.
    See #29:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1863463&postcount=29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-warriors/id455560723?mt=8

This is a story about two little warriors in the fantastic world filled with monsters and dragons. Only real warriors can defeat enemies and win the final victory. Take your weapons and join in the exciting adventure in this action game POCKET WARRIORS. (Available on iphone and ipod touch).

★★★ Welcome to Warriors’ Village ★★★
    When monsters run amuck everywhere, brave warriors will be called together to this village and make a powerful team to fight with bad monsters. Warriors can buy different weapons and magic items from the trader and upgrade weapons by the blacksmith. Money and materials can be got in battles. Get more money and materials to upgrade your weapons and challenge harder monsters!

Lovely Graphic And Ample Content
    -2D cartoon graphic style with fluent animations.
    -Many weapons with different attitudes for sale.And you can upgrade them to higher levels.
    -More than 15 kinds of monsters from different places.
    -More than 30 levels with different combat mode.

Many Kinds Of Weapons And Upgrade System
    -There are 5 kinds of weapons: sword, lance, axe, bow and magic mace. They have different attacks and power.
    -Weapons have their own attribute: Physical, fire, ice, dark and light. They can make additional damage.
    -When weapons are upgrade to high levels you can launch super attacks whit them.

Magic Items System
    -You can buy many kinds of magic items from the trader, and equip them.
    -When you are in battle, you can easily use these magic items by touching the icons.
    -The magic items are variable. Such like adding HP, magic shield, fire ball, blizzard, and thunder.
    - The acount of the equipped magics can be increased to 3.

Cooperation Battle System
    -You have a team of two warriors. They can use different kinds of weapons.
    -you can switch between them. While you are controlling one the another is controlled by AI. You should make good use of them(close attack and long attack) and grapes time to give monsters a heavy attack.
    -If one is seriously hurt the another should cover it and distract enemies.
    -You will fail if anyone is defeated.

★★★ Game Trailer ★★★

Come on, join this fantastic odyssey!!!

2. Vinnie@[NewFX]

Vinnie@[NewFX] Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Game developer
    Kyiv, Ukraine
  3. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    the Trailer is quite interesting!!
    I guess Monster Hunter was the inspiration for this game? :D
    I really like the art, but if you can, will you make this game 3d?
    hehehe :D

4. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
  5. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    Yes. But I don't want to make a hard core game. I think 2d is batter for more casual game players.

6. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The game looks pretty good!
    Very smooth monster and character animations!
    The gamplay looks strategic and straight forward.

Releasing soon?

7. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    Yes, I will submit to app store a few days later. I used unity3d. It's a 3d game engine and characters are plane models with bones. So it looks very smooth:)

8. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
  9. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    game looks cute, nice animation.

10. rmouse26

rmouse26 Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Kinda slow imo.

11. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Hmm, this looks pretty interesting, Virgil- it definitely wears its Monster Hunter influence on its sleeve.

I'd worry that the gameplay looks a little bit slow from the vid, and one major problem with iOS games it the 'feel' of the combat. For example, i couldn't stand playing a game like Knights Onrush, because when fighting, it didn't feel like any strikes were connecting- the enemies didn't react much at all. I hope that Pocket Hunter doesn't have this problem!

Will the enemies be difficult to defeat without learning their patterns and tactics? That's another quality of MH that i'd love to see here- too often it's just a case of grinding levels, then just standing there and hitting one attack over and over.

12. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    Thank you for being such a big help.:D I had just searched this name on google...
    Um...I will make a little change.
    ps: It's really hard to develop a game by one man. And...to promote it is harder than to develop it.

13. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    Yes. enemies' AI and pre-attack behaviors are great features in MH. And so in Patapon (psp). I have tried to make enemies' actions more variable. Each enemy has 4+ different attack types and each type has a pre-attack behavior. And you can control two characters(swordsman and bowman). Enemies also can make both close attacks and long distance attacks. So you can't just stand and press attack button to defeat enemies. Players need to watch enemies' actions and wait for chance to attack. And there are different battle modes you will see in release version. Those things can make the battle more funny, I think.:)

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks good, if a tad floaty and slow.

15. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    :DAlmost every one who had seen it said it looks slow. But is it really better if it run fast? I had thought of this for a long time. And I had played many other action games. I found that fast game makes me fuss about all the time, and I have no time to observe enemies' tactics or to make adaptability reaction. I can just press buttons blindly...And, game is over before I found it.

Maybe a fast game is more exciting or stimulating. I prefer to make a game more tactical. And I think giving players some time to consider gameplay is better.

And, I thought that fast battle process interferes with the game balance. If player is faster than enemies, player just need attack quickly over and over, and it will be very easy to win; if enemy is faster, players will complain about slow again...So,you can see most action games are going to be faster and faster. Does it make more fun? And how long can it keep the felling of exciting and newness? :confused:

Maybe it is a died corner of the action game design. Tactical and variable design of gameplay is real new blood for action games.

This is only my private opinion, and I am trying to prove it!:cool:

16. Creepshow

Feb 10, 2011
    Sent you a PM with some game info, hope it helps. :)

17. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Really don't have to change the name. The other app looks stupid anyway. I can wait to play your game!

18. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    Thanks. I feel the same.:D But I have made a little change. Now the name is "pocket hunters". Add a "s". Just because there are two characters in this game.;)

19. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Need any testers?

20. virgil

virgil Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    game developer
    Shanghai,China
    I'm making a beta test plan. It will come soon.:D