LostStar Tactics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jamvert, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    This is great news! I can't wait to get this game. I was a big fan of Tactical Warrior and I am sure this one won't disappoint.

2. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    My mouth is starting to water now bro! love the card icons and the whole concept sounds like it will work amazing considering the amount of strategy involved in your previous titles! sounds like a fine and noble addition! hopefully ill be tappin my phone to this baby in a few days during smokebreak at work!

3. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Right on! Hopefully this game will meet expectations :)

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How is progress? Has LostStar Tactics been submitted yet?

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Awww I never got to test it even though I got pm :( Or I missed the email

6. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    It was just submitted to Apple last night. Sorry for the delays.

Sorry about that. I got sent most of the replies from the naming messages, but I think I missed some. In the end we didn't end up doing any beta testing across the internet, just RL, but it probably wouldn't have hurt to have one more set of eyes.

7. xaxus

xaxus Member

May 17, 2012
    Shut up and take my money!!!

Did they give you an ETA when you submitted it? I'm super excited... Day one buy for me. I just hope it drops before my shift starts...

8. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    They quoted 97% are being reviewed withing 5 business days. So hopefully either this Friday or on Monday.

Of course, there is always a chance it won't make it through review the first day, which could add a bit more time.

9. xaxus

xaxus Member

May 17, 2012
    Tell em to hurry up... I got tacwarrior two days ago, and I'm already halfway through my third playthrough. Moar xpacs!

10. xaxus

xaxus Member

May 17, 2012
    Tell em to hurry up... I got tacwarrior two days ago, and I'm already halfway through my third playthrough. Moar xpacs!

11. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    congrats on submission, can't wait to try out this one! are you going to wait to release on thursday, or are you going to release it when its approved?

anyway hope you sell more than tactical warrior. (easily in my top 5 IOS of all time) its a shame that game didn't make you rich..

12. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    It's a pity Tactical Warrior is often overlooked probably because of its art style.

Staunch Defense is still a favorite among tower defense games for me, and I thought one of the deepest and that didn't get enough attention either.

Third time's a charm hopefully! :)

13. Nicoquipi

Nicoquipi Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Think it will help if i started throwing my money to the screen?

14. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    It will come out right when it is approved.

If I wasn't in quite such a rush to get the game out, I think I would actually time it to Tuesday (maybe it will end up on that day anyways). It is because it seems like more of the bigger games do their releases and sales and stuff on Thursday, so I think they would probably eclipse LostStar Tactics a bit. It is just a theory, but I has seemed to hold true for putting Tactical Warrior on sale.

Tactical Warrior did end up doing a little better later on at least. After adding the Japanese Translation and having the free-for-a-while promotion in September, it sold better and reach a peak in January.

Yeah, hopefully this third time is what finally works. If not, I started a fourth game while waiting for LostStar Tactic's artwork to be completed. It will give me one more chance, though it will be a lot better if LostStar does well, since that would allow me to afford more artwork for it.

15. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    come on approval! want to play this!

16. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Advice from a friend and not from just a patientless fan, plz release the game on Thursday and not Tuesday .. It will get alot more exposure and it will be mentioned in toucharcade.. Don't repeat the mistake twice... For your own sake..otherwise it may, as with the previous title, won't get much exposure on release day!

17. xaxus

xaxus Member

May 17, 2012
    Nono, release before Thursday. I get on a 14 hour plane trip Thursday. I need this to maintain my sanity through the flight.

18. BlaikAwesome

BlaikAwesome Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I can never get enough of these tactical games! XD

19. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Are you sure that it will be an improvement to release on Thursday and not Tuesday? I am a bit worried that on Thursday, when I hear most big games come out, there is an abundance of things to talk about and new games to get, so lesser titles like mine will be less likely to receive attention. On Tuesday however, the day of the week when the least games sell, I figure not that many people will want to release their game, so people might have less other things to talk about.

When putting Tactical Warrior on sale, I found that if I made the sale start on Tuesday, it would pretty consistently get some solid traction in Japan and rise to top 50 paid games or something. My sales that started closer to the weekend, however, sometimes failed to boost sales very much at all.

20. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i am officially set to *impatient mode*

cant wait for this :D