Assassin's Creed: Pirates (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Sep 10, 2013.

1. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Yes, it is a mobile game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/10/assassins-creed-pirates-sets-sail-on-mobile-this-fall/.

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    holy sh*t, is this for real? i mean, can we get this game soon?

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Probably about as real as assassins creed utopia. I wouldn't get to excited

4. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    This is real! It maybe like Sid Meier's Pirates

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This is legit.
    Too bad about AC franchise though, i thought we would have something good here when playing AC1, but it became just another cash-cow. And its a shame that mobile devices still didnt get the proper AC, even PSP did, cmon.

This game may be good though, since ubisoft is great at creating "on-the-sea-action" games. Silent hunter is a good example. Either way, I'm looking foraward to it.

6. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I see what you mean when you say that the AC brand is being milked (you're certainly not alone in that opinion), but I still think that the concept alone is ripe with potential, so I don't mind the yearly releases. However, I'm with you 100% that it's a shame that there's still no full-fledged Assassin's Creed experience on mobile platforms. Ubisoft's approach to tailor their games to mobile platforms has done wonders for most of their games - Rayman Jungle Run and Prince of Persia The Shadow and the Flame being some of the more blatant examples - but Assassin's Creed remains the exception. If they took the time to try and recreate the console experience on mobile devices, they could have another huge hit. Maybe some day.

I'm looking forward to Pirates. It might not be the most faithful Assassin's Creed game as far as the running-and-stabbing parts are concerned, but it might be the most faithful Pirates of the Caribbean game we get. Hopefully this doesn't get cancelled like Utopia was (would be interested in knowing why that happened, by the way), as this shows far more promise than the standard city building game Utopia was shaping up to be...

7. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Lol you people that get in here and argue like is the nfl or Americas top model...
    Anyways... When is this dropping?!

8. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Is this freemium?

Im so exited to get this.

9. Jackrog

Jackrog Member

First Assassin's Creed Gameplay Footage

I got to play Assassin's Creed Pirates on iPad Air, and just wanted to post my gameplay video and some impressions!

Assassin's Creed Pirates Preview

- focused on naval combat
    - top down world map is for taking Flight Control like control of the route
    - you can hire new pirates and add perks
    - you can buy new pirate ships.
    - fighting could be described as Infinity blade with Ships. Quite dynamic.

Watch the gameplay video :)

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Infinity Boat? Woah that's disappointing... I was expecting the naval combat to be mostly the same as the console version of AC IV. Well at least I know beforehand what the gameplay looks like, thanks for the video!

11. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Looks good, actually. It's title milking, but at least it has a quality standart.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    .... Anybody else notice the two currencies?

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... what the hell... i didnt expect the IB formula to be turned into naval combat.

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ahhh what is going on! It keeps growing!

Attached Files:

15. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Haha I know I watched it for a second to see how long it would get

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This is just a massive cash-in on their brand name. Nothing there to with assassins or a creed. Just boats fighting. Perhaps an awesome game for people into that, but for any AC fan, not so much.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#19 Der-Kleine, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    It looks like they removed literally everything that made the ship combat in AC3&4 fun. Wave physics combined awesome weather effects* and ships with a good weighty feeling to them? Nope. Trying to maneuver your ship to get a good shot at the enemy while not getting hit yourself? Nope. Anything to make the experience immersive (Good sound effects, crew shouts, ...)? Nope.

*while this game has both waves and weather effects the waves don't seem big enough to really affect the gameplay like in the consonle/PC games.

(Note: Since I have only played AC3 and not 4 this list is probably shorter than it could be.)

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here's what's eft up... I like how this looks (it's a *somehow* unique take on the IB formula o_O), so im most likely still buying this at first light.