★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How much money i make with chartboost - sharing the info

01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Thx for the info. Very helpful.
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Wow, such a low quality ripoff games with zero value, made for ads. Reminds me of Made for AdSense websites all over the internet some time ago, till Google started shutting them down.

And I'm not hating, just stating - I used to do those Made for Adsense webs when few years ago Nice video tho.

01-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Thank you kindly for posting this video and information, it's very informative and helpful! We're currently evaluating ChartBoost to see if it's right for our current game, and videos like this are a great resource.

Indie game dev living in the frozen tundra of Winnipeg. Half of Bacon Bandit Games.
Made Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey - App Store | Google Play | Web Demo.
Made Mr. Ghost's Journey - App Store | Google Play.
VOTE for Letter Quest on Greenlight! | twitter | facebook | Indie DB
01-26-2014, 10:47 PM
So I decieded to implement chartboost to compare to admob but I have found that it shows ads fine on my ipad but on my iphone5 it doesn't seem to ever successfully cache or show ads. Is this just because there no ads to serve or another problem? The campaign I created includes iphone, is something extra needed for iphone5?

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Destined, if you set up a test campaign you may also have run out of test ad impressions (20 or so). It's a stupid issue but it bit us before.

Follow us on Twitter: Emmanuel Marty
Play Jumpy Cat free
Play Puzzle Sphere and our hit visual novels for iOS and Mac
01-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzleBrothers View Post
Destined, if you set up a test campaign you may also have run out of test ad impressions (20 or so). It's a stupid issue but it bit us before.
I actually figured my issue. It was related to I changed my code and the init was called in the wrong place. It was still working on the ipad I assume cause it remembered it from when it was calld correctly. Got it all fixed and submitted update to the game to appstore!

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
01-28-2014, 03:27 PM
I have such a strange mixed reaction to this video. I really enjoyed the share, and you seem like a really fun professional indie developer. But on the flip side, I can't help but picture the endless tidal wave of throw away titles accumulating in the market, and some annoying ideological crusader inside me wants to protest. Hate the game, not the player, I suppose. (That analogy gets confused in this case, but I only mean it in the common metaphorical sense.) Foolish as it may sound, I'm still inspired to try the ad-free, quality product route. I guess I'm just trying to fight off the discouragement I feel from this video. And I do wish you all the success you seek my friend - even if I am saddened by the state of the marketplace. Gigantic net fishing is not environmentally sustainable, but I still like eating fish.

Blind Albino mixes art, humor, and technology right into the palm of your hand. Enjoy!