Bug/Issue Tracking Software

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IconicDigital, Nov 16, 2011.

1. IconicDigital

IconicDigital Active Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Freelance Developer, London
    London
    Hello All

After developing a number of apps I have decided to develop a web based bug/issue tracking system. I was just wondering what sort of features would be most useful to Mobile developers, any ideas of what you would like to see in the system if you were to use it?

At the minute I have:

• Project Tracking
    • Ticket Based Tracking
    • Milestones
    • User management

Thanks

Oliver

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    The big ticket item for me is single click installing on our windows SBS server.

We use mantis atm but we had to put linux on side by side to get it going - you can find threads saying mantis works on windows server but it just doesn't.

3. spongeforge

spongeforge Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Why investing time in such things?

There are lot of good (and free) solutions. For instance, we're using lighthouseapp.com and we're totally satisfied with it. Mantis is good too, however, the advantage with lighthouse is that it is cleaner and they provide free hosting.

4. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    I've always used The Bug Genie: http://www.thebuggenie.com

It's probably the best, and nicest looking, bug tracking software I've seen. I host it on my server (it's built on PHP). It's gotten 100x better now that it supports task tracking in an Agile way :)