Meteor blitz or Isotope?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tzual, Nov 27, 2009.

?

Meteor blitz or Isotope?

1. Meteor blitz

32 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Isotope

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I can't decide which one to get.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Get both, they equally kick ass.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Meteor Blitz is more of a full-blown, Jesus Christ! arcade experience. The upgrades lack depth, though.

Isotope is infused with adventure/RPG elements. Both are great in their own respects, just different, and depends on what you're looking for.

I think both, or at least Isotope, have lite versions.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Meteor blitz

5. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    I'm really surprised with the poll result

I tried Isotope ages ago, and hated it. Didn't like the no inertia top down flying thing. But then I played it a little more and something clicked and I ended up finishing the game, collecting all the ships and fully upgrading them. It's without a doubt the best of the genre.
    I have Meteor Blitz, and I have played to the fourth world (not too shabby - you have to survive 5 levels in each world to unlock the next world)(took quite a while) And I upgraded the basic cannon all the way - but after a while I got bored.

If you are going for graphics and twitchy frenetic game play - meteor blitz.
    If you want a more developed game I would go for Isotope. There is so much more content, and variety in enemies, ships you can fly and weapons. The game is huge and it really held my attention.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Meteor Blitz FOR SURE. The dual sticks have perfect control, and it gets hectic. Just don't upgrade the fire/ice beams, focus on the green blaste [forgot actual names]

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Meteor Blitz! Its the best!

8. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Go for Isotope its one of the few games that have a permanent place on my iPhone

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Meteor Blitz is better :cool:

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
  11. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    isotope for a change on the answers :p

12. reo7

reo7 Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I have and love both, but Isotope is more of an RPG/adventure-ish top down shooter. (No story but it has levels) Where as Meteor Blitz is an arcade game where you can upgrade your weapons.

Each is very good, but it depends what you like more. Both are good for pick up and play, and Isotope even has a survival mode that keeps you playing when you beat it. Isotope has more customization and depth but Meteor Blitz is a very fun and addictive arcade shooter.

13. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I have Meteor Blitz to after reading that it was so good just didnt like it at all and no match for Isotope

14. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

I have Meteor Blitz for a while and it's great. Purchasing Isotope now... I have no idea if it's cool or not, lol.

15. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

I have both but after getting Meteor Blitz I found Isotope redundant. MB is superior in my book. Good luck!

16. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    The good news is that they both have a lite edition so you can find out for yourselve with one you like best

17. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    I have both and I loved Isotope. Meteor Blitz is very cool, but I like Isotope better.
    The idea of literally creating every aspect of your ship and then fighting with it is awesome. There are tons of options in the building process, and its a blast to experiment with which modules and weapons work best..
    Then being able to take the ship you created and use it in the survival mode to fight for a global high score is sweet.

18. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Meteor Blitz end of..........

19. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Isotope is so much better than Meteor Blitz, it's not even funny. Presentation is better, gameplay is better, it has depth, replay value, etc.

Get it.

20. Andgut

Andgut Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    canada
    Neither

Neither get the gameloft games on sale
    but if you want one of those games get meteor blitz