Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-11-2014, 07:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Interesting; I've actually had the opposite response to the new version.

I've really enjoyed the D15 model, and the deck-building flexibility it provides. I love the fact that any card I earn can be used in any deck, and I've enjoyed creating decks from scratch that have different strategies/combos than any of the reconstructed decks. I also love that I can make them any color combination I want, just like in paper Magic.

Having played previous year's versions, I also really like how this system effectively negates the dominance of certain preconstructed archetypes over others, without the ability to bring new and unique ideas to the table. It also made unlocking all cards in the game more fun, since I could keep playing with my own deck, and keep opening relevant cards (instead of having to play/unlock decks that don't suit my interest or play style).
Fair enough, it is kind of neat to see a deck you brought up from its feeble beginnings into a powerhouse, but you aren't irked that 95% of the cards the AI uses against you can never be used in your own deck? I think I found this more insulting than the whole premium nonsense. If the developers have already programmed in the art and logic of these cards, why can't I eventually use them as well?
Old 11-17-2014, 11:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Fair enough, it is kind of neat to see a deck you brought up from its feeble beginnings into a powerhouse, but you aren't irked that 95% of the cards the AI uses against you can never be used in your own deck? I think I found this more insulting than the whole premium nonsense. If the developers have already programmed in the art and logic of these cards, why can't I eventually use them as well?
Yeah, that is a little weird. On the one hand, I can understand not wanting to introduce powerful cards like the original Alpha dual lands into the general deck-building mix, but as you suggest, then why have them in the game at all? Maybe so that stronger players have a real challenge when playing the AI? But I agree, it's an odd choice, and one that I think would have the added detriment of confusing newer players as well.

Separate question -- has anyone else been struggling with the required Garruk deck in the expansion? I'm having to play each of the expansion levels multiple times in order to beat it with the default deck; I find that it's too slow to stabilize, and doesn't have enough removal to keep the more aggressive decks at bay while establishing its board state. I'm excited to finish grinding through the levels with that deck, so I can go back and play those levels with my own custom deck!
Old Today, 05:33 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

The unlock and the expansion pack are both on sale at the moment. 3 and 1.50 respectively in Britain.