Street fighter iv combos forum

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jailjal, May 17, 2011.

1. Jailjal

Jailjal Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Combos and discussion; I will be posting some juggle starters.

2. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #2 Jailjal, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
    New combos for dhalsim

Near ground spinning kick then low jab kick to a flame.
    +K, +K, +P (+SP)

Fireball, teleport near opponent catastrophe move, flame then super.
    +P (SP), (+SP), +SP (ultra), +P (+SP), +P (super)

Tip: for a quick spinning dive kick, diagonal jump up then slide finger downwards in a swift motion to the down direction and press kick

3. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Welcome to TA, Jailjal; in fact, ages ago, it got suggested to do a tier list, which was quickly shot down as being pointless, given the lack of SFIV iphone tournaments, but instead a combo thread was suggested, but sadly nobody actually did it, so i hope that people WILL come here to post a few combos.

For juggling, i quite like using Ryu, focus-cancelling a dragon punch, into super.

Generally, i main C.Viper, so will try to get back later with one or two combos.

4. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #4 Jailjal, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    Thanks for contributing. a good combo for Sagat would be a uppercut fadc into a high step kick. It does a LOT of damage for a small combo. It should be around ~230 damage.

If you like C. Viper then you should know that she can do a boost jump by crouching before jumping but it's hard to do. i don't use C. viper, i don't know why.

5. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Sagat FADCs

Sagat can FADC from a ridiculously large amount of moves. He also has a fair amount of good combos too which makes him a good fighter but his ultra is pitifully hard to land.
    Low Medium Kick; a useful move that can be a great starter for combos and transitions into special moves. Can transition into all of his special moves.
    Tiger Uppercut (FADC): This can be used as a juggler and can be ended with a simple high step kick or tiger knee; high step kick does more damage.

6. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    some Crimson Viper quick combos

Thunder Knuckle FADC Forward Ultra. A good way to use your ultra at the right time

Jump punch - Burning kick
    Jump punch - standing jab - thunder knuckle

P.S. Her attacks are better off single. Her damage drop off is extremely quick.

7. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Ryu alternate

You can combo his super into an ultra; press the ultra quickly.

8. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    #8 DusT_HounD, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    I like the super-> ultra for Ryu, but i'm a purist, so always try to do the actual pad and button movements, and haven't quite mastered it just yet!

One combo that i like for C.Viper is:
    Jump punch->crouching heavy punch->EX burning kick.
    6 hits, and a knockdown. The regular burning kick is only a single hit, and doesn't do anything close up, whilst the EX version hits 4 times, including through the initial roll, so it's pretty handy!

i usually don't use her high jump much, since i don't really know the best tactics, but i DO like using the burning kick to extend her jump times- sometimes helps if you're about to get dragon punched or something. If you time it right, and their DP whiffs, you're already on the ground and can punish them.

9. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #9 Jailjal, May 21, 2011
    I think a good distance to use her is her burning kick range to seismic hammer range so generally in the middle. I notice she is good at breaking the person's defense due to her short jump. The short jump is achieved with a quick burning kick; not too hard to do. If you want to cross the screen, you can boost jump then do the burning kick and I'm not sure if you can shorten it with a quick burning kick. Her close range attacks aren't all too good, they're weak and short but her special moves/ tricks balance it out
    Good luck mastering the super to ultra.

10. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Glad that this thread was made, however maybe to differentiate this thread from other, bigger street fighter 4 threads (for other consoles), we should give the iphone/ipod specific control input needed to execute the combo.

Ill try to be back with some combos shortly

11. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    @12yam:
    that's true- i guess that if you put in the directions, then are talking about EX moves or whatever, it's easier, because the iOS version has the SP button, but with regular moves it could become confusing.

@jailjal:
    i have a tendency to end up trying to use default ryu tactics with C.V., doing seismic hammers to try to make an opponent jump, then doing the normal thunder knuckle- which is pretty lame! Slowly trying to work towards a more specific playstyle, such as getting to a position to use the EX thunder knuckle, then into ultra if i have the meter.

Pretty sure that the burning kick can also go over fireballs etc, right?

12. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #12 Jailjal, May 21, 2011
    @12yam Thanks for joining in; I'll edit my posts for the inputs.

@DusTHound yes, the burning kick canjump over the fire balls but you have to time it right. It's best used in medium to long range.

13. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    Ya, i find it can be useful in emergency, as it keeps you reasonably close to the ground as well, so you're not left mid-air after an opponent has recovered after the fireball animation.

The regular thunder knuckle is also pretty nice for its invincibility frames on startup- although its definitely bad news if you whiff it!

So 12yam- who would be your main character? Hope it's someone unconventional! Ryu et al are great, but where's the Dhalsims and Blankas? They've been around just as long, but don't get as much love!

14. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    I guess blanka is easy to use, just not as fun sometimes while dhalsim is overlooked. I like playing with all characters but sagat is just my favorite.

15. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Need a bit of help

how do i add directions from my ipod touch so that computers users and Idevice users can see them? Thanks.

16. Nishimare

Nishimare Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Freelance Model , Full time ShoppEr
    iN YoUr HeArT~
    i found that playing on iphone is easier than my console but it still lack of the actual feel :( , combo is more easily launched on sticks.

17. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    I actually have two mains: Abel and Ryu! Love Abel for his punishing throws and useful somersault and Ryu for his all around simplicity.

I actually play with SP assist on, btw. Is that considered badly over here?

18. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Good point. I was thinking something like this

Jump Kick/Punch
    Crouch Kick/Punch
    Then for the rest of the moves, we could give the actual name listed in the command lists. I take back what I said about iphone specific control inputs! :p Not really practical

19. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    I dont really like Dhalsim because of how slow he is. I also have that problem with Sagat, however is Tiger Shots are really useful!

20. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    I was thinking that the names were good enough and no, I don't think SP assistance is bad. I use assistance all the time. It's hard to actually do the real moves. I think of it as an evolution instead of a tool for a noobie. I play with regular inputs too even while playing. I usually use it in a charge attack. The input is faster.