Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Drummerboycroy, care to tag along for a Mantis run? Not sure if you're still online though

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I thought I got into a room with you, but then you were gone. I died pretty quick anyway, so back to grinding single player. First stop, new gun...

Thanks for the invite!

DBC

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Might not have recognised you then...anyway, I'll be on for another half to one hour, so I'll set this up if you reply to the thread or to the PM:

To find me, go to the search bar at the top of the multiplayer screen and type in "undead.exe", it should screen me out. I'll have a password set on it, it'll be "1100".

Once you get in the room, follow me to a certain spot (I'm the player with a white chest piece and black/glowing blue helmet) -- I'm showing you a particular point of the map where enemies can't spawn behind you. After that, just stay alive -- killing the boss will get you over 100,000 gold, and I'm guessing that might come in handy for your finances :p

4. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #1004 Drummerboycroy, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    I'm going in! Cover me!

No, seriously, cover me. lol;)

Edit: OK, consider me officially addicted. ;-) Thank you so much for the opportunity! I have to admit, I felt a little guilty (as evidenced by me attempting to shoot things before you mowed them down), but if you don't mind helping out a noob, who am I to argue?

Thanks again!

DBC

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #1005 undead.exe, Jun 25, 2012
    ...and that, my friend, is why you wanna stay alive for the bosses :p

The gold the boss will drop decreases with every time you defeat it, but it will reset by the next day (about 11 hours from now, not sure what timezone you're in).

------

Also, try using the corner I showed you in our first run, your armour doesn't have enough HP to take more than about 4 hits right now >.>

------

...my bad, that time. Aim spazzes out occasionally at times =.="

6. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    And how! I've got a shiny new rifle, now to get some armor!:D

Yeah, my current armor/health is pretty pathetic.:eek:

As for the aim thing? I learned how to use a revive!;):D

Thanks again!:D

DBC

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    If you're not going to make any mithril purchases (I don't think that'll be for a while anyway), get the ECO-03-VI bag if HP isn't your first priority right now. That bag won't give you much additional HP, but it'll give you +1 Speed and 10% more gold. It'll be a worthwhile investment in the long run if you're not eyeing any other backpacks particularly.

If you ARE intending on spending mithril, the SAM-005-I pretty much supersedes the ECO bag completely. Just, yeah...it's expensive >.>

8. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    You know how sometimes someone answers your question before you ask it? Below is what I was typing just before refreshing this thread...

So, I just crossed $200,000 again, I've got the rifle you suggested, and I've cleared the first area (5 waves, congrats, the area is safe, here's your reward).

Should I buy the Eco-Pack next?

How funny is that?;):D

DBC

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    @DBC: Sometimes, my friends wonder if I might be psychic, with the frequency I do that >.>

@Everyone: It just occurred to me...does everyone have their own special method for learning how to dodge enemy attacks? Because I'm thinking back on it, and most people here are suggesting projectile weaponry (FL334AR, NOVA-27, etc), which makes me think that the majority of players are learning to fight and control crowds at mid-range.

However, for me personally...I think I learnt how to dodge by engaging in CLOSE-range combat. The cutter is supposedly for noobs, I know, but thinking back on it...I think the sword was my primary weapon choice all the way up to Lair. I think I've got a pretty good grasp of the sword's effective range and the range of enemy attacks as a result, but I'm interested to see what your thoughts are.

10. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    #1010 Darthguy, Jun 25, 2012
    Dodging

I learned to dodge at close range because I didn't want use that much ammo and didn't want the freedom backpack. I got the windblade and could be the first part of the mantis without getting hit. Then I use the M-2781 and kill the boss. When fighting noobs in PvP I use the sword because it seems itimidating to noobs. Also the reason I like PvP is because of the sniper rifles. I can't destroy heavy armor at long range and so I get good practice dodging attacks until I can slice them to death.

On lair survival I use the windblade for most mosters to save ammo.

11. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Is the Cutter even worth buying? I'm considering playing around with a blade, and I've currently got 7 Mithril, so the 2 Mithril blades are out for now.

How does one usually farm Mithril? The videos don't work, so...

TIA!

DBC

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think it is worth buying. I bought the first and last one to save ammo. You farm mithril by defeating bosses and it's by chance. That's the only way except for daily login and video/offers.

13. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I think I might just pick up the first one and play around with it...:)

As I said, the videos don't work, so it looks like I won't be seeing Mithril for a while...

DBC

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #1014 undead.exe, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Yeah, the primary method of farming mithril is via boss rushes. The videos gave out quite a bit of mithril in the first few days after the latest update, but they seem to have stopped working as of late.

Also, the Cutter used to be OBSCENELY powerful before the Windblade became available, because there was a glitch where you could make the blade strike an enemy three times in a single swing (you heard the slashing sound effect 3 times). That was probably a big part of the reason I was able to use the cutter all the way until Lair, because 630 damage per swing should've been enough to take out even the bull in a matter of seconds.

For the record, part of the glitch still exists: you basically start the two-combo sword slash while you're standing still, and then take a step forward, which will cause you to begin your next swing combo with a decreased lag time. However, that first slash from the second combo used to hit three times, whereas it doesn't anymore. I would suspect they addressed that glitch because it would have made the Windblade utter overkill, both at mid-range (triple wave slashes, anyone?), or heaven forbid, as a close-range weapon.

Anyway...the Cutter's a fairly cheap weapon to buy and upgrade (from memory, I think one or two runs on the Mantis will give you all the cash you need to get it up to level 8), but using it from "Energy Core" onwards starts becoming tricky, because of the exploding "banelings" and the "bull". Very effective training in learning the relative attack range of various enemies though.

----------------

@Darthguy: if you like using the Windblade in PvP, there's a VERY deadly combination I've seen floating around, which is Thunder Armour + Blademaster (bag) + Windblade. When you've got the extra 50% power and +2 speed from the Thunder armour's reusable buff, I think you can kill just about everything in one swing or combo (I'm using a full Cygni suit at 55,000 HP, and I pretty much get annihiliated in a split second when someone using that combination gets within close range of me). On the other hand, your Perseus armour probably negates that combo, because of the 30% reduction in melee damage...decisions, decisions >.>

15. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, the videos are no go.:(

So, it sounds like I should be upgrading the Cutter and my rifle as funds allow, yeah?

I've been practicing in the first 4 waves of the first campaign, using the Cutter exclusively aside from knocking down the flying beasties. I'm still getting hit a bit (dying a few times in wave 4) but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it...:D

DBC

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Cutter will work decently in Frontline and Energy Core. On Space Station, it might start becoming a bit ineffective, and it'll definitely be less effective by Lair, but it's still quite cheap to get it all the way to level 8, if you want.

The FL334AR, I'd say you should pay attention to your funds and decide whether you want to add a little more power to it, or whether you want one of the top three weapons (Nova-27, or M-27B1). I personally bought the MCP76 (the weaker machinegun) as a substitute to the FL334AR, but I think you might as well go straight for the M-27B1 if you want a machinegun already. Otherwise, yeah -- the FL334AR is a pretty good companion for most people from what I understand, but it's going to get outclassed by the other weapons you can buy once you've got your ammo management down.

17. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    #1017 Darthguy, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Glitch?

In space station I used the second sword and hid in a corner because I was dying(this is random and happened a long time ago.) A worm went by and didn't see me and went away. Is this a glitch?

Also is the Float backpack good? (i think it is overpriced but is it) I like the 20% power and won me over, also the spit of the bosses will be useless and the 10% gold, is it good?(I don't care if it is worth its price)

18. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    If the worm went away in single player, yeah, I think that's a glitch. Sometimes, the enemies get confused about which path to follow to get to you, so that MIGHT explain it, depending on the exact location where the worm passed you by.

The Float JETpack (sorry, couldn't resist :p) is pretty damned expensive, alright. For half the price, you could buy the SAM-005-I, which gives you the same base power and speed, 10% more EXP and 15% more gold. That's about an extra $135,000 or so for the Serpent's first gold drop if you started the match with 3 players.

On the other hand, the Float pack can increase your speed by 2 for 30 seconds (60 second cooldown). The poison evasion is actually quite important now against the Serpent, because its attacks are MUCH faster since the last update: getting caught in poison means the Serpent will probably charge straight into you, and then follow up with a tail slam, which will cleave huge amounts of HP off of you.

If it's the base power, speed, and gold bonus that you want, the SAM pack is slightly better. If, however, you value the reusable speed buff and the ability to evade poison, then yes, use the Float pack. In particular, the Float pack is VERY useful against the Serpent if you've got the Andromedae legs and M-27B1 equipped (5 speed is verrrrrrrry slow movement). So yeah, if you've got it already, enjoy a useful purchase :p

19. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Plus, let's be honest, it floats! How cool is that?:D;)

Quick question. I'm currently pondering (agonizing over) grinding my way to the Big Ol' Chaingun vs. getting a Thunder armor set.

My fulcrum issue is Exp. vs. Cash. In particular, if I keep grinding via Single Player and Co-op MP, it's looking like I'll have enough money before I have enough Exp. to hit level 6.

How does Exp. accumulate? Faster?:D

I've currently got 68,000ish Exp. How far away am I from Rank 6? How best to get there?

If I'm mostly interested in Co-op MP, am I better served by the giant gun or the Armor set?

As always, thanks!

DBC

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    EXP, you should be able to see how much more you'll need every time you finish a single player match (you get EXP online/from bosses as well, but you can't see what your progress is). In general, I've found levelling up to be quite a slow process until you start doing boss runs, where the EXP seriously begins to roll in.

While the M-27B1 is an incredible force to be reckoned with in Co-op (in both the enemy rush and boss fight phases), I'd recommend getting pieces of the Thunder Armour first -- right now, you don't have the HP to survive since you're still using the Viper armour, and even the lowest HP armour pieces of the Thunder set are worth 4000 HP apiece (the Head and Arm pieces).

However, you can't buy any of the Thunder set until you hit rank 6, whereas the M-27B1 unlocks at rank 5 (which I think you're at right now). I'd say, if you think you can buy the M-27B1 and have enough cash to buy at least one of the Thunder Armour pieces by the time you're rank 6, get the machinegun. If not, ask me to help you with a few boss runs, should be able to buy the Thunder legs within 3 or 4 days doing Mantis runs.

Also, a word of warning: equipping the machineguns will cause your speed to drop (the M-27B1 has a -2 speed penalty), and you move even slower when you're actually firing the guns. There's also a one-second startup lag between when you pull the trigger and when the gun goes into full automatic. In other words, you'll need to use the gun to mow down enemies and manage your movement and position (the moving forward thing I was talking to you about), and also switch out the machinegun for another weapon if you want to move faster (the speed penalty only applies when the machine gun is in your hands, not when it's back in your bag).