No good games this week

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kenken11, Jul 21, 2013.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Omg, all the 25th releases are so not entertaining. Alright, skip, nx week please.

2. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Shadowrun Returns!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ehermm...

Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame
    Riptide GP 2
    Shadowrun Returns

4. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Prince-Running platform + puzzle element (nice graphic but still it's boring)

Riptide-Water racing (I hate racing, land or water lol)

Shadow returns (the 49mins YouTube gameplay video make me doze off, go check it out yourself)

My gaming category is RPG and action type.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My mistake for assuming a wider taste in games. Shadowrun is an indepth RPG with turn-based combat, but i guess that doesnt appeal to you.

People i know who doesnt like turn-based RPG games are usually the young ones. They are more into action RPG and action adventure type games.

6. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Lol!!Im surprised he gets enjoyment on iOS gaming/gaming in general because he doesn't like 80-70 % of what's offered out there...It reminds me of those very picky eaters....

Well to each his own I guess...

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    With around half a million games in the App Store, you could dislike 99.9% of them and still have more left over than you could ever have time to play.

8. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well that's true..Let me just clear out something first..I don't mean that you should like every title out there because some will be bad and some will be good..But to shut out a large amount of genres completely or rather not like them from the start is rather odd...

I am pertaining to the narrowness of the genres that have been mentioned that is accepted and not the magnitude of available titles...Thus the selection is very slim when you try to put quality on the equation...

Well those are my thoughts..

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm really enjoying liking a lot of games i never thought i would.

Used to always dislike point n click games, now i'm loving them thanks to the app store releases. Wasnt that keen on turn based games, due to Hunters/Warhammer i'm loving them again

Quite a few times i've been surprised by a game which is good. Thats one thing about the app store i like, i've got about 40 folders on my ipod so thats about 400 or so games i've got. So many different categories, love the variety

10. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #10 kenken11, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Time is precious. I don't have the time to play games that I am least interested on.

It's true that there are some exceptions.

I hate puzzle game, but I love Supermagical.
    I hate slot machine game, but I love king cashing 2.

But exceptions are hard to come.

And I don't deliberately not play any games, I look at reviews and gameplay videos, that's how I found hidden gems like Supermagical and king cashing 2 even though i hate puzzle and slot machine games.

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't think it's odd at all. I think virtually everyone with iOS devices strongly prefers certain types of games, and virtually ignores others. It's just that everyone has different choices.

12. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #12 Alister, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Hey as I said to each his own...Every body has the right to be a picky eater to begin with...

Well I'll just leave it that :)...As for me I'm awaiting the set of new releases tomorrow and hopeful for pleasant surprises,hehe..