Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Veronika_s

Veronika_s Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Norway
    I would just like to say that gof2 is my favourite ios game. Ever. Playing through the story now again on the new ipad and its simply breathtaking. Namaste.

Thinking that Fishlabs is trying to rob you is stupid, get some perspective.

Would make babies with this game.

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Any advice for mining ore? Not sure what the heck I'm doing, really. I fail every mining attempt. Thing goes all over the place, and I'm not sure at what point I'm finished. :confused:

3. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    You have to keep the cursor in the middle of the concentric rings, the higher "class" an asteroid is - and the weaker your mining laser - the harder this will be. If you sway out of the rings, you'll have a short time to get back in before the laser destroys the asteroid and you get nothing. Basically the idea is just keep your cursor inside the rings while you mine the contents, which is shown with a number that counts down. Keep practising, you'll get the hang of it =)

4. ProtoEclipse

ProtoEclipse Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Can you explain to me how you're supposed to initiate this sequence? I got it the first time, but I just can't replicate it.

5. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Have a scanner and drill equipped, then target any asteroid. Eventually, It will lock on, and an arrow will appear on the shoot button. Hit it and you will lock onto the asteroid. When you are a few metres from it, your ship will land on it and drilling will commence! :)

6. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I wish that were the case, but I simply can't complete a single asteroid. There has to be a better way to control that thing. The virtual stick feels like trying to balance an elephant on a teacup. Argh!

7. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    It's best to start off with C or D class asteroids, that way the laser indicator won't swing around like a drunken ballet dancer :D It really does take practise and sometimes you have to fight with the slightly-unresponsive virtual stick to get the laser to stay on target.. but you WILL do it in the end! =)

http://galaxyonfire.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroids

That should give a bit clearer indication.

8. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Many thanks. I remember during the tutorial it mentioning that you don't have to fully mine asteroids that are B Class and below, but I didn't remember how to abort without failing the entire mining process. That should help. I won't worry about Class A asteroids 'til later.

9. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Does anyone know if I already have the HD version on the iPad, can I buy the standard version for my iPhone, on sale at .99, and get Valkyrie for free in the HD version?

10. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

You'll get the HD version of Valkyrie for free if you have the SD version installed, have purchased the SD version of Valkyrie, and have the SD version installed on the same device as the HD version.

11. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thank you CzarCastic!

12. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    That's really clever and never occurred to me. I assume once this unlocked you can delete them right?

13. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I just started playing this (unfortunately), I bought this before but didn't have the space to install it on my older iPad. Anyway, its a very polished game, but the achievements don't work for me. Is there a solution to enable it?

14. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Clearing up, you do not need Valkyrie SD to receive the free Valkyrie HD. Just the base GOF2 SD

Also, if you haven't already, there is a blueprint drill somewhere out there :p You might have used it somewhere near the very start of the game ;)

15. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ok one question. I've saved up like 5 mil, and it was a b**** to grind, now that they balanced the organs :). But anyways, should I go with the Veteran, or the Aegir? I'm stuck because is the turret effective? Some input would be much appreciated :D

16. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Just started playing again in light of the sale and after five hours in, it seems like I'm not making much profit off merchanting organs and implants between wolf and pan. Is this something they fixed in an update?

If so, anyone know a good way to make money?

17. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I finally bought this with the sale. I'm playing on Normal and having a LOT of trouble with the first ship battle you do with the guy that picks you up. I finally beat it after a few tries, but I had less than 15% life left (yay achievement?). Does it get easier or should I start over on easy?

Also, is there any reason to play harder difficulty outside of feel good (achievements, extra story, etc)?

18. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    It gets easier. The first battle is hard primarily because you're equipped with the lowest tier ship/equipment. Once you start making money off missions, killing pirates becomes a synch. Different modes exist for purely challenge I believe.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow. Add fishlabs to the list of devs who give great customer service.

20. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification!