Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxBattler View Post
For me I'd say...

C. Gameplay / Mechanics
It has to be something I think I could like, of course.

D. Rating
If it's low I usually don't bother.

A. Graphics
Impressive screenshots could convince me to try a game of a genre I usually don't play.

H. Developer
If I loved other games from the same developer it's almost certain I'll try it out.

I'd also add the price. I don't like the freemium model, so I usually don't download free games with lots of ads and consumable IAPs.
At the same time I won't pay more than two dollars for something that I'm not so sure of. At 0.99$ I'm willing to take a chance even if I'm not completely convinced.
Thanks for that suggestion! I will add the price to the survey. I agree, freemiums aren't really free with those ads and stuff. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I'd have to say c, d and h.

But I take also take other factors such as file size, price, iaps.
I have no qualms about buying a high priced game but I'll be more likely to research it more, I pay little attention to AppStore ratings, I go by what the people here say. The presence of iaps is also a factor, especially in a high priced game.
I see, I see. Thank you for your contribution!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rascal View Post
What attracts you to download and try a game? How would you rank these factors. What are your top 3?

A. Graphics
B. Story / Content
C. Gameplay / Mechanics
D. Rating
E. Music
F. App Size.
G. Availability
H. Developer
I. Price

*Edit, I added price.
1. Gameplay / Mechanics
I consider gameplay the most critical part of any game, more than visuals, story, music, etc. Without fun polished gameplay, the experience is already flawed in a fundamental way.

2. Developer
Considering how open the App Store is and how easy it is for games to be submitted, there's a lot of crap games, a lot of hidden gems, and then there are a handful of developers and publishers who can be trusted to consistently release quality experiences. Foursaken, Radiangames, Crescent Moon, Bulkypix, to name a few. On the flip side, I almost always support indie devs, like those behind such excellent titles as Hoplite, Ninjin, Boson X, etc.

3. App Size
I have an 8gb iPhone 4 so I'm always battling for space, sometimes barely having 50mbs left on my device and always needing to delete games to install new ones. So app size is important for me

And two that aren't mentioned but influenced my decisions over the last two years:

Forum Impressions
I trust and respect the impressions and opinions here over any review site, especially the members who I know share similar tastes in games as me.

IAP model
I don't believe IAP is as evil as some here do, but I won't support games and developers that abuse freemium elements. So how IAP focused a game is, if it's fair or if it's full of paywalls and timers and obnoxious ads, absolutely influences the games I'm interested in

Last edited by Bronxsta; 02-18-2014 at 12:36 AM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

1. Developer
2. Gameplay / Mechanics
3. Story / Content
Old 02-18-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
1. Gameplay / Mechanics
I consider gameplay the most critical part of any game, more than visuals, story, music, etc. Without fun polished gameplay, the experience is already flawed in a fundamental way.

2. Developer
Considering how open the App Store is and how easy it is for games to be submitted, there's a lot of crap games, a lot of hidden gems, and then there are a handful of developers and publishers who can be trusted to consistently release quality experiences. Foursaken, Radiangames, Crescent Moon, Bulkypix, to name a few. On the flip side, I almost always support indie devs, like those behind such excellent titles as Hoplite, Ninjin, Boson X, etc.

3. App Size
I have an 8gb iPhone 4 so I'm always battling for space, sometimes barely having 50mbs left on my device and always needing to delete games to install new ones. So app size is important for me

And two that aren't mentioned but influenced my decisions over the last two years:

Forum Impressions
I trust and respect the impressions and opinions here over any review site, especially the members who I know share similar tastes in games as me.

IAP model
I don't believe IAP is as evil as some here do, but I won't support games and developers that abuse freemium elements. So how IAP focused a game is, if it's fair or if it's full of paywalls and timers and obnoxious ads, absolutely influences the games I'm interested in
Thanks! This is very interesting! The mention of forum impressions and especially the IAP model is really a good point. Thank you for your inputs!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambobsung View Post
1. Developer
2. Gameplay / Mechanics
3. Story / Content
Thanks for your contribution! Thank you!