Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I like the Grimm's new icon better than the current one tbh
Old 03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I would love to give your new game a try but no Android! I know you make good games so if I did have a device, I'm sure it'd be wonderful. Looks like a flappy birds esque game?

Anyhow the new icon looks not bad. How's it look on a smaller screen I wonder? Sometimes full body shots look tiny when put onto a smaller screen but usually there isn't a problem with that. And as for the background color, maybe I preferred a darker color palette? But as most of the popular iOS games don't use such a bright green color, maybe that was a good idea? In general it looks great!
Mr. Ghost's Journey will hopefully be out on iOS this week, then you can give it a try. Don't expect too much, as mentioned it was made in a 24-hour period of time! We had fun making it though, and it is definitely inspired by Flappy Bird, but we did create our own physics system for it and created an animated Mr. Ghost. There's also several costumes you can unlock for him, just for fun. We're going to try and make a small, fun game like that every few months if possible.

The new icon looks good on a smaller screen, you can still make out all the details of Grimm. It's a bit harder to see on iPhone 3 GS, but most icons don't look great when that small! Yeah, we were definitely going for something that stands out, hence the bright green color!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
I like the Grimm's new icon better than the current one tbh
Cool, thanks for letting us know! We've had a few people asking for a redesigned icon, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Also, now that Mr. Ghost has his own game, it's probably better to have Grimm on the Letter Quest icon now.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The next update is just about done! Putting the finishing touches on handling the new playable character. Also balancing all of the new crystal stars (4th star type added to every stage), with super-challenging monsters.

And we'd love to get any feedback that anyone might have for our previous and upcoming decisions about in-app purchases, pricing, etc. Many more details about that can be found here: http://www.baconbanditgames.com/?p=705.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

It took a lot longer than expected to properly get multiple characters working in the game! We also reworked how the bonus content is viewed/unlocked to hopefully get more players purchasing the bonus content - we want to be able to keep making updates and more games!

The update should be submitted to Apple soon, will update everyone when it's out.

In the meantime, our 24-hour game jam game, Mr. Ghost's Journey, is now available on the App Store. It's incredibly tough, how high of a score can you get?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So this update has been one of the most challenging things we've ever done! In the time it's been in development, I've had to move to a different place, try to find a job, went on Steam Greenlight to hopefully be able to get some sales and make a bit of money, trying to get on Amazon Apps, and much, much more! Craziness!

The update is done with the exception of the last few animations on the new character. We're hoping to get it submitted very soon.

Also, there are lots of cool things we'd love to add to the game for the Steam/Desktop version, including a better map with distinct areas, more background art, more music tracks, the endless mode, and a lot more! The great news is that all of that will hopefully be funded by desktop sales, but will then be brought over to the mobile version too! Everyone wins!

Oh, and we completely overhauled the entire UI in the game! We're really happy with how it turned out, and initial impressions from testers have been overwhelmingly positive! If you'd like to get a sneak peek, try out the updated web demo or the new screenshots on that page.

We also listened to suggestions and added in a character sheet that you can pull up by clicking the character's icon near the health bar in battle. Or you can view it in the new heroes store. And we added three new stats sections to track your best words, each one is a top-10 list. The first is your top 10 longest words, the next is your top 10 highest damage words with no special bonuses/upgrades factored in, and the third is your top 10 highest damage words with all bonuses/upgrades/enemy weaknesses factored in.

Thank you so much for all of your support, here's hoping that we start to make some decent money and can make more games! Have a great weekend everyone!