Facebook?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by squidgyjelly, May 4, 2013.

1. squidgyjelly

squidgyjelly Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    Should I think about Facebook to publish on that or is it not worth it by publishig on IOS ?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    If you mean facebook in your app no. No one likes to use facebook in here

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I insta delete games that require Facebook login...

But I suspect your typical Facebook whale isn't the Toucharcade demographic.

4. squidgyjelly

squidgyjelly Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    Independent game

No I meant publish it as a full game on Facebook itself

5. Philipp_S

Philipp_S Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    We have a couple of iOS games that started out as Flash games, which we put on Facebook as well as on various portals. The Facebook versions had a social highscore system (you could challenge friends, see how you ranked, etc.), but not much else in terms of viral mechanics. These games did well on the web, but they didn't perform well at all on Facebook.

Maybe the situation is different if your game is inherently social, or if you have Dollars to throw at ads so you can get the ball rolling, but if all you're going to do is take an arbitrary casual game and put it on Facebook, I think you're probably wasting your time.

6. evansitar

evansitar New Member

May 6, 2013
    Facebook

Facebook games, or games ported for Facebook seem to have a lower rate of user acquisition then the app stores.

On the other hand, if you have a very strong Facebook presence, and the ability to get the word out about the game to a large network of Facebook friends, then it could pick up quickly.

Just depends if you are willing to put the effort into the game to make it a hit on Facebook.