Conan the Cimmerian coming to your iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DogTownStudios, Aug 11, 2010.

1. DogTownStudios

DogTownStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #1 DogTownStudios, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    Conan the Cimmerian coming to your iPhone

Paradox Entertainment, through its subsidiary Conan Properties International, has begun internal development of mobile games based on its library of character properties. First out is Conan in ”Tower of the Elephant”, based on the original Robert E. Howard story, for iPhone and iPad. Developing the game with Paradox Entertainment is L.A.-based Moyo Studios. Expected release in fourth quarter 2010.

As Conan, you scale the mysterious Tower of the Elephant, fighting vicious enemies and avoiding deadly traps, to finally reach the captive Yag-Kosha and the evil Yara. The game features stunning graphics and an open, mission-based gameplay where every mission will take you deeper into the world of Conan.

”Conan: Tower of the Elephant” is a new gaming experience for iDevices. The game uses Moyo Studios’ proprietary iPhone 3D engine A2SA and features HD graphics. Using the retina display, iPhone 4 users will experience the best possible gaming experience.

“Our portfolio of character-based properties suits itself very well for interactive media such as mobile gaming. Moyo Studios has produced several successful games and we’re looking forward to this and future games based on Conan and other characters,” said Fredrik Malmberg, President and CEO of Paradox Entertainment Inc.

Leading the production are Paradox Entertainment’s VP of Production Daniel Wagner and Moyo Studios’ Creative Director Mikael Tyrsén. The official game page can be found on www.paradoxmobilegames.com. Read more about the development of the game on Moyo Studios’ development blog: http://www.moyostudios.com/conan/.

While this is Conan’s first step into mobile gaming, the character is widely available in publishing (comic books, novels), collectibles (statues, action figures, model kits), gaming (MMO, strategy boardgame), apparel and other categories. The new Conan movie, featuring Jason Momoa as Conan, as well as Stephen Lang, Rose McGowan, Rachel Nichols, Ron Perlman and Leo Howard, is currently in post-production and slated for a summer/fall 2011 release.

About Paradox Entertainment Inc.

PEI and its subsidiaries own, develop and license mainly character-based properties. The companies control the rights to stories and characters created by pulp author Robert E. Howard, including Conan, Kull, Bran Mak Morn and Solomon Kane. Industries exploiting the company property portfolio include film/TV, publishing, comics, videogame, Internet/mobile/wireless, toys, apparel, and more. PEI is based in Beverly Hills, California and is owned by Paradox Entertainment AB, a Swedish public company traded on the NASDAQ OMX-run First North Premier list (PDXE, SE0000598054).

E-mail: [email protected]

About Moyo Studios

Moyo Studios is a developer and publisher of digital interactive games. As one of the first companies to start developing for the iDevice (iPhone, iPod, iPad) family in early 2007, Moyo Studios’ current focus is mobile and online gaming. The most recent release was ”Project 72”, a top-selling game in the iTunes App Store, ranking #7 among action games. Moyo Studios was founded in 2007. The company is privately owned and operates in the heart of Dogtown (Venice Beach), CA

E-mail: [email protected]

2. TheUnrealEngine

TheUnrealEngine Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Student/Lifeguard
    Vancouver, BC
    Hmm sounds good, I like me some Conan. Is it gonna be a hack and slash type?

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Cool. Conan sucked, but Age of Conan is pretty great. Hopefully the iPhone game and movie will bring more players to the MMORPG Age of Conan.

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I love conan and now i can have him in my iPad awesome................lol

5. charliepapatango

Oct 20, 2009
    Wil you be able to play as Andy Richter?

6. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Sounds great, looking forward to screenies and a video.

7. SJohnson064

SJohnson064 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I can pretty much guarantee that is not what the app is like!

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #8 RttaM, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    I'm so excited I can already see this getting ruined by some stupid Social Integrated Service.

9. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Here's hopin' ;)

10. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    #10 MICHAELSD, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    The first post said the game will be in 3D, so expect it to be more like Conan on consoles than the video posted on the first page.

11. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
  12. SJohnson064

Aug 11, 2010
    I am actually helping out with the development of this game. I can guarantee it is not 2D. This will be a great game!

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'm curious about this one. It does say they are using a 3d engine, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be 3d (Many 2d games are done in Unity and its a 3d engine) Also if you look at the list of games the developers have made on their site they are all 2d games.
    Will know as soon as they post some screens.

14. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    The other possibility I'm thinking of is possibly remaking the original PC game with 3D graphics, like the Final Fantasy III update for the DS, although not to that scale.

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm a great fan of Conan since the 70s when I discovered the Howard books in my favourite bookstore...
    can you tell me if this game will support 3G? or it will be only for 3GS-iPad-4 devices? if it will run on 3G i'll be the first in line to purchase it!
    thanx in advance

16. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    If it's 2D, it probably won't be that good and will feel low-budget for the license. The source material calls for a 3D world in today's gaming market. Plus I'm used to Hyboria in 3D in AoC.

17. SJohnson064

Aug 11, 2010
    Not sure, but I think it will!
    We aren't far into development yet!

18. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    If you are one of the people working on the game, could you clarify whether the game will be in 3D or 2D? I'm really hoping that it's in 3D, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to lead people to believe it's 3D in the description then to reveal it to be otherwise. Also, so the game will be like Rise of the Godslayer (which was an Age of Conan expansion based on the same book)? Looking forward to finding out more on this.

EDOT: Sorry, didn't notice that you were working on the game when you posted above that it isn't 2D. So that means it's in 3D, not 2.5D? Also, will there be voice acting? It would make a huge difference in a game rich in story.

19. DogTownStudios

DogTownStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This game will be a 3d game using our own built 3d engine. The game will be a hack n'slash / adventure game. Game will be based on the original story Tower of the Elephant, so the player will explore the City of Thieves, by some called Arenjun.

20. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    That's great to hear, will you be using OF or any of that social stuff, or building your own?