iPhone Wayward Manor (by The Odd Gentlemen/Moonshark)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 26, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Huzzah!!!!I saw this at pocket gamer...Neil Gaiman Working on a game!!!!!Im 10000%Sold!!!!:):):):)

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am a big fan of Neil's novels and, of course, his Sandman comics/graphics novels. His talents combined with such a top notch developer is sure to yield something brilliant.

4. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Whats odd is TA still haven't featured this yet,because this is such a big deal...All the major gaming sites from IGN,gametrailers and so on and so forth have discussed this...Even the mobile games sites such as PG,pocket tactics and etc...Unless they feel its not needed due to the late timing it will be tackled..

Not even a hint of a buzz here...Hhhmm,maybe there aren't many Neil Gaiman fans here...

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I've actually met him a couple of times -- he's an acquaintance of my best friend. Nice, down-to-earth guy, nowhere near as pretentious as you would expect (his groupies, though, that's a different story). Personally I prefer his comics work, but he's a fantastic storyteller all around and it's easy to get excited about any project he's involved with. Not sure why TA hasn't covered Wayward Manor yet.

BTW one of my favorite things he's ever done is the English translation of Princess Mononoke. Gaiman is a huge Miyazaki fan.

6. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #6 Alister, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Wow that's nice..I met him once when he visited my country(if you could call an autograph signing as an act of meeting,hehe)..He signed 2 of my sandman graphic novels...The line though was insane!!It reached the train terminal from the mall..It was also cool that he had an interview on a now demised rock radio station(NU I miss you)..

Anyway on the matter of his writing prowess..Most of the enthusiasts including myself thought that his works after sandman was not on the same caliber..Though the novels are still brilliant,the magic was not quite there anymore...

Btw his collaboration with yoshitaka amano on dream hunters was absolutely fantastic...A dream come true...

I also wish this will be a successful venture for him because I want him to get involved with more games to come..:D:D:D

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Another episodic game that will keep me wanting the next episodes.

Stargate SG-1 Unleashed, Jacob Jones, Spiral and now this!

Excited, I am.

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    While we're on the subject of all things Gaimanesque, here's one of the best moments from Stardust:

9. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Oh my goodness,although some who liked the book did'nt mind this but I most certainly do....I really didn't like the movie...

Stardust should have been a mini- series done by HBO like the upcoming American gods...